I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by RichardW »

Last part of my Southe Queensferry posts...

This is sitting outside the three bridges pub!

Don't know if it's a runner or just a fixture - might have German plates on it.

Other parts of the post: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... start=1105 and http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... &start=399
Richard W
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Presumably before the new bridge was started it was the "Two Bridges Pub" and before 1964 "The Bridge" :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A Facebook friend has alerted me to a range of biscuits being sold in France in H Van shaped tins :D

I'm hoping he'll send me an (empty) yellow one with 'Citroen Service' signwriting on it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote:A Facebook friend has alerted me to a range of biscuits being sold in France in H Van shaped tins :D

I'm hoping he'll send me an (empty) yellow one with 'Citroen Service' signwriting on it...
..Et voila Monsieur....

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

They look very similar Neil...

I guess there have been many releases of H Van biscuit tins over the years...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

With wheeler dealers France version being in the news, Up on the search list comes

Madame H :!:

Mike brewer paid a visit to Madame H on an away day with uk wheeler dealers :!:

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Spotted a lovely cream H Van going south on the A303 yesterday late afternoon... No chance of a picture sadly as it was in heavy traffic on the opposite carriageway...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Spotted in Emberton, near Olney this morning whilst out on my usual Sunday bike ride..

Love the colour scheme..

Sorry for the picture quality... Looks like I have a mucky lens on my phone. never noticfed when taking the picture ion the bright sunlight...

Emberton is a pretty little village...

Bike ride was excellent and made all the better for seeing an H Van :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote:
Sorry for the picture quality... Looks like I have a mucky lens on my phone. never noticfed when taking the picture ion the bright sunlight...

Emberton is a pretty little village...

Bike ride was excellent and made all the better for seeing an H Van :D
Good to keep the old thread ticking over Jim, and original photography is always the best. Thought at first you had gone in for an artistic "soft-focus" shot :) . The colour of that sky in the background is vibrant....lovely pic in my view.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I just thought Jim was cycling particularly fast when he took the picture.

Thats a lovely H and it somehow looks right in front of the stone wall.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, I must agree, it's in a lovely setting just there... Never noticed it before but now I must see if it lives hereabouts or indeed if that is its home... Unusually perhaps it is not a commercial one (not a coffee or burger van etc..) and looks to be owned by an enthusiast...

Neil, I always have an eye open for an H Van wherever I go... I rarely stop, especially on my bike, to photograph things but for an H I'll always make an exception....

That sky was remarkable and to think about 3 hours after taking that picture the sky clouded over and it rained hard... Just gave me time to rescue my nearly dry karate gi from the washing line....
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's been a long time since this thread has receive a post so...

Sent by a friend of mine in France, an H Van rally/meet to celebrate 70 years of our favourite van :)
Courtesy of Steve Morton
Courtesy of Steve Morton
Full details here

Love to go to that. I've asked Steve to take loads of pictures as it's happening in his (adopted) home town...
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

I have thre of the Hvan biscuit tins! One for each trip over, not only are the super cool the biscuits are bloomin Ansome too! :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote:I have thre of the Hvan biscuit tins! One for each trip over, not only are the super cool the biscuits are bloomin Ansome too! :-D

Reminds me, Steve in France promised me one of those biscuit tins... Not seen it yet. Must ask him about it...

I'd love it if it was full of biscuits too!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A bit more on the French H Van meeting I posted earlier:

http://passionnement-citroen.blogspot.c ... ouars.html

A rough translation:
More than 80 vehicles of collection, some unique in the world, will be exhibited next weekend for the 70 years of the famous van Type H.

It is a historic weekend in more ways than one is preparing to welcome the orangery of the castle of Thouars. On Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 May there will be exhibited more than 80 Citroën collection vehicles, some of which are absolutely unique in the world. An unprecedented event that we owe to the national club "H tender and seasoned", chaired by François Delvenne, who has resided for several years in Bouille-Saint-Varent.

"After organizing a crossing of Paris in 2007 for the 60 years of Type H, there was nothing special for the 70 years, " says the president. But Citroën asked us to set up a national event. I said OK, but not in Paris ... " This is how, thanks to a global budget of about 40,000 € and a year of work, the Thouars and their neighbors will be able to enjoy a sacred spectacle, which is more free.
The Type H, the famous chevron brand pick-up truck, will obviously be the star. In particular, there are rare or even unique models: a Tub (the ancestor of Type H), a Type G (halfway between the Type H and the 2 CV), a Tubik (an electric and futuristic prototype of 2009) There will also be a Citroën Visa du Samu unique in the world, just like the 2CV all in wood (fruit trees) realized by Michel Robillard, a genuine passionate. "They are vehicles that remind many people of many memories , " summarizes the president, who himself possesses several models, baptized as tradition wants: Hémile, Hémilien and Hobélix ...
The Type H is also an international star. The proof: a Japanese journalist will make the trip to Thouars just to attend the event! "In Japan, Type H is a rage, " says François Delvenne. People restore them in food-trucks (trucks) and settle down at the foot of the buildings. Always young, this Type H!
No pictures from my French friend yet...
Jim