Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Always use the best Davie. After all, the old adage is true... Buy cheap, buy twice...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 12580
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 1487

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by RichardW »

Indeed, I had cheap bearings in the Xsara Picasso - both had to be changed again in <12 months, and then one of the replacements shortly after. Got the local man to fit an SNR bearing the last time. Have sourced and fitted SKF bearings to the 307 and C4 recently - the 307 one I got via e-bay from Germany for about £50 (quite possibly the same one Davie has had fitted!). I didn't reckon the no-names ones on e-bay for around £10 were going to cut the mustard!
Richard W
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Mot passed with no advisories on bigpug [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11832
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2003

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

wheeeeeeeeeee !

the blancmange is legal
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Excellent news Davie :D
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

It's now a power blancmange [emoji4] 248 bhp instead of 204 and train loads of torque. Big difference of power delivery, much more responsive and turbo lag all but gone. And as for mpg here's the difference from the first 1000 miles or so to 50 off miles going to visit daughter in Elgin after getting the map. First impressions good [emoji4] [emoji7] ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

The 205 will be at its first show on Sunday. A local classic car show. I'm looking forward to it. I hope I get a dry day or 2 to give it a good clean. I've bought a clay bar and spray for it and high gloss wax. I've never used a clay bar before so will see what I think of it. Just as well it's a little car I am attempting first! I think if I tried bigpug first it would put me off for life lol

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11832
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2003

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

A panel at a time, add some car shampoo to a spray bottle....keep it VERY wet. Work in small areas as you go up and down the panel (no more than 12 inches), not a circular movement. "Pushing it out" is better than pulling it. Remember it is NOT a polish, it cleans only.

No giggles please
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
demag
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 1441
Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
x 102

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by demag »

Those mpg figures are good Davie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

demag wrote:Those mpg figures are good Davie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
That's why I wanted the remap. It's only 57 miles since the map but 8 mpg extra is not to be sniffed at. It was mostly on the cruise, but there was a few overtaking manoeuvres testing the kickdown and torque which is now amazing. I think in standard form it has 330 lb/ft of torque and it now has 418, and it kicks down faster. It's like getting hit in the back with a rocket! I'm hoping it cracks 40 mpg average, which will be amazing for the size of the car and the power it's giving [emoji41] [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by CitroJim »

Davie, delighted the remap has been a success and that you're happy with it :)
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
demag
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 1441
Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
x 102

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by demag »

I fitted a Tunit chip to a Fiat Multipla. Mpg was about the same but the performance it err surprised a few people haha.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by mickeymoon »

demag wrote:I fitted a Tunit chip to a Fiat Multipla. Mpg was about the same but the performance it err surprised a few people haha.
I have the same fun with my remapped Berlingo!



Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

I like things like that, looks either a shed or a van and they go like the clappers hahaha

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Just used 3 hours cleaning the 205. I clay barred the roof and bonnet but just polished the sides. I can't see much difference in the finished article.Image

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.