Davie's french attraction.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Always use the best Davie. After all, the old adage is true... Buy cheap, buy twice...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
RichardW
- Forum Treasurer
- Posts: 12580
- Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
- x 1487
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Indeed, I had cheap bearings in the Xsara Picasso - both had to be changed again in <12 months, and then one of the replacements shortly after. Got the local man to fit an SNR bearing the last time. Have sourced and fitted SKF bearings to the 307 and C4 recently - the 307 one I got via e-bay from Germany for about £50 (quite possibly the same one Davie has had fitted!). I didn't reckon the no-names ones on e-bay for around £10 were going to cut the mustard!
Richard W
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Mot passed with no advisories on bigpug [emoji4]
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
OnlineStickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11832
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2003
Re: Davie's french attraction.
wheeeeeeeeeee !
the blancmange is legal
the blancmange is legal
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
It's now a power blancmange [emoji4] 248 bhp instead of 204 and train loads of torque. Big difference of power delivery, much more responsive and turbo lag all but gone. And as for mpg here's the difference from the first 1000 miles or so to 50 off miles going to visit daughter in Elgin after getting the map. First impressions good [emoji4] [emoji7] 

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The 205 will be at its first show on Sunday. A local classic car show. I'm looking forward to it. I hope I get a dry day or 2 to give it a good clean. I've bought a clay bar and spray for it and high gloss wax. I've never used a clay bar before so will see what I think of it. Just as well it's a little car I am attempting first! I think if I tried bigpug first it would put me off for life lol
Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
OnlineStickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11832
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2003
Re: Davie's french attraction.
A panel at a time, add some car shampoo to a spray bottle....keep it VERY wet. Work in small areas as you go up and down the panel (no more than 12 inches), not a circular movement. "Pushing it out" is better than pulling it. Remember it is NOT a polish, it cleans only.
No giggles please
No giggles please
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
demag
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 1441
- Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
- x 102
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Those mpg figures are good Davie.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.
That's why I wanted the remap. It's only 57 miles since the map but 8 mpg extra is not to be sniffed at. It was mostly on the cruise, but there was a few overtaking manoeuvres testing the kickdown and torque which is now amazing. I think in standard form it has 330 lb/ft of torque and it now has 418, and it kicks down faster. It's like getting hit in the back with a rocket! I'm hoping it cracks 40 mpg average, which will be amazing for the size of the car and the power it's giving [emoji41] [emoji39]demag wrote:Those mpg figures are good Davie.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Davie, delighted the remap has been a success and that you're happy with it 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
demag
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 1441
- Joined: 18 Oct 2004, 05:03
- x 102
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I fitted a Tunit chip to a Fiat Multipla. Mpg was about the same but the performance it err surprised a few people haha.
Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
-
mickeymoon
Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.
I have the same fun with my remapped Berlingo!demag wrote:I fitted a Tunit chip to a Fiat Multipla. Mpg was about the same but the performance it err surprised a few people haha.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I like things like that, looks either a shed or a van and they go like the clappers hahaha
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Just used 3 hours cleaning the 205. I clay barred the roof and bonnet but just polished the sides. I can't see much difference in the finished article.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.