Classic for under £10K

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Classic for under £10K-what would be nice?

Post by CitroJim »

Methinks you're looking at a Chelsea Tractor Mike...

Land Rover or a Range Rover perhaps? That would be my choice even though the stereotypical driver of such vehicles is said to frequently indulge in certain auto-erotic pastimes!!!

But then it's the exceptions that prove the rule of stereotypes isn't it so we can have one ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Yes Jim, it'd have to be Rangie or a Discovery. I prefer the interior of the Rangie but the hugeness of the Disco..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Great stuff! We're singing from the same hymn-sheet :D

I'd consider nothing else personally, especially not the German take on them... If I want a tank I'll get a tank ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Outrage Tank.jpg
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Classic for under £10K-what would be nice?

Post by mickeymoon »

CitroJim wrote:Great stuff! We're singing from the same hymn-sheet :D

I'd consider nothing else personally, especially not the German take on them... If I want a tank I'll get a tank ;)
I quite like the Touareg, but only the V10 diesel, which has so much power and torque.. the others are horrible. I had the pleasure of driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S some years ago.

It was very fast but sh1te. If I wanted something like that, I'd have an Impreza. An Impreza would be a good choice but I don't like the newer ones and they have high road tax!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Having worked in both land rover factories i'd not ever go near a disco. The range rover on the other hand is a beast and built with a bit of love and care.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: RE: Re: Classic for under £10K-what would be nice?

Post by CitroJim »

mickeymoon wrote: I had the pleasure of driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S some years ago.

That is the most gawd-awful ugly, fat, lardy edifice on the road today...

It is totally mis-proportioned and looks comical...

Horrid in the extreme... Sh1te sums it up quite succinctly...
Jim

mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Are you sure you're thinking of the Cayenne Jim? I don't think they're that bad as far as Chelsea tractors go..

mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Perhaps you're thinking of the Panamera which is bloody horrible...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm now thinking both Mike but the Panamera takes it to a new level...

What were they thinking?

Truth to tell, bar the old original 911 I don't do Porkers at all... None look good to me... Most, if not all look abysmal and that includes the 356... Just a squashed beetle! That's what it reminds me of...
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There was a Porsche Macan - now dubbed Maccam due to the proximity of Sunderland - at work last week.
2015_porsche_macan_4dr-suv_turbo_fq_oem_2_1280.jpg
They should have words with Maserati on how to build a pretty and quick car.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I've never been a Porsche man, they just don't appeal to me. I like classic Ferraris and Maseratis.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

CitroJim wrote: Truth to tell, bar the old original 911 I don't do Porkers at all... None look good to me... Most, if not all look abysmal and that includes the 356... Just a squashed beetle! That's what it reminds me of...

The 356 is an awful looking vehicle, I never got what was supposed to be amazing about them. I like the early- mid 90s 911s, when they became less bug-eyed and less likely to deposit you in a hedge, but then they stopped looking Porschey after that.
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Apparently some Italian styling houses have produced designs that are not pleasing to the eye, but these have been buried in the Vatican City vaults (as they are considered works of the Devil, and need to be kept away from human contact).

I always find it entertaining to watch people who have training in design and such trying to explain away examples which disobey a large portion of the rules in the book of what should make it work, yet somehow still work.

To my eye the Saab 900 is one of those designs. The proportions are all utterly wrong, the lines shouldn't work together, yet somehow it just looks right and doesn't offend the eye from any angle.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Anyone fancy a special edition brown Fiat 126
ESTIMATE £6000 - £7000
Chassis number 8044694 - supplied new on May 23rd 1983 by "Stacey's Motors - Bridgewater" to a Taunton lady who kept the little car for almost 25 years. The car is presented with a warranted 11260 miles from new and an MOT test certificate until September 2017, a very rare and superb example of the marque. The "Brown" was a Limited Edition 126 based on the range topping "DeVille" the 126 was claimed to be the cheapest two door saloon of its day. The little car has a rare Voxon radio fitted and still retains the original tool kit, handbook, service book and sales brochures.
Lot 575 at Morris Leslie Classic Car sale (Errol nr Perth) on Saturday 20th May 2017

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey