PSA in talks to acquire Opal

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: PSA in talks to acquire Opal

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Peter.N. wrote:The Velox's and Cresta's were nice, especially the PA and PC but the E models were pretty fast for their time and they had brilliant heaters.

Peter
PA Cresta too powerful for the grip.........the only car I've had the misfortune to do a 360 degree spin in, in the dry and without trying, luckily the road was empty at the time
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I must admit that in the time I was driving them I was rather heavy on front wings, the wheels stopped but the car didn't. :oops:

Peter
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Always remember the look on the face of Mr "look I've got a sports car" (all cravat, string-back gloves- & flat cap) in the MGB, when a PC came up behind it - & just blew it away!

Oh, & a friend of mine, who was working for a local VX dealer at the time, drove a PC out through the showroom window - on the 1st floor!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

....who owns PSA? Well the Chinese already "own" 13%, exactly the same shareholding as "The French Government" if this comment is accurate
comment on this article...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... pens-next/
Paul Mynn 6 Mar 2017 11:40AM

This is part of the expansion resulting from the state-rescue of Peugeot-Citroen a few years ago. The French government now owns 13% of the new company PSA. The Chinese firm Dongfeng also owns 13%. The Peugeot family share is now down to only 14% from 25%. GM actually sold a 7% share in the company during the crisis in 2013. Basically this is expansion built not on success but on the sharing of failure and increased debt. The question is how long can the French government sustain this financial assistance? My guess is it probably contravenes EU state-funding regulations. The Chinese may be asked to take a larger share in the coming years.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey