Just got a ZX TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

q_007
My Cars:

Just got a ZX TD

Post by q_007 »

Needs a couple of things to make it perfect though!
Can anyone tell me which bulbs go in the dash, and cente consoles?
Also, where is the siren? I can see the alarm going off (flashing lights) but there is no noise - is there a switch or something that i need to turn?
Finally, is there anywhere i can get a replacement key fob? I have one already, but want another one for the spare key!
Thanks
Q
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Some Xantias have a key switch under the bonnet on the passenger side which will silence the alarm.
Early Xantias (my 95 has it) had it, later ones don't (my 97 doesnt).
I just read that it says ZX....
oldnail
My Cars:

Post by oldnail »

Mines a '97 ZX TD and to get at the siran you need to remove the nearside sidelight(lift bonnet and you will see a spring holding it in) and the siran is between the inner and outer wing.If you pull the multipin plug off it disables the alarm.
Adrian.
rashmore

Post by rashmore »

If alarm like mine theres a round cover at the front, drivers side nr headlight pop off protective cover and there will be a lock barrel underneath - insert ignition key and turn to unsilence alarm
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Also try the glove box. Mine had a lock barrel fitted in the top of it. Turn using ignition key to turn on or off.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Dash bulbs are all the same - the 1.2W push in type. Change them all at once, as you don't want to to it twice. Ignore Haynes advice about the heater bulbs - remove radio, then front plate, then carefully prise the front off the heater control box, knobs and all, and the bulbs can then be changed. Leave the centre console apart whilst you do the instruments as this leaves loads of room to get in to unclip the speedo cable, and avoids all the malarky Haynes outlines with the heater duct. On mine it was just possible to ease the instruments out past the airbag connection with the steering wheel in the lowest position. Only takes a couple of hours.
If it has the separate key fob to activate the central locking, getting another is difficult as it needs to be hard coded to the receiver - it is possible (there are some instructions on here somewhere), but you need a fine soldering iron and drill - and the skill to use it!