X7 and diagbox Q's.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

X7 and diagbox Q's.....

Post by old'uns »

as per title....next time anyone plugs theirs in, can you take a note of how to access live data, soot levels, additive ECU etc?
the additive option in particular at some time i 'may' have altered as i'm sure no additive is being injected?
i'm convinced that something has gone AWOL re electrickery connections

i spent 2 hrs yesterday having a play and for the life of me i can't get into the above, pretty sure i was able to with Lexia ?
i did manage to turn off the Autolight sensor as thats still playing up and reduce the low fuel level warning back to 7 litres after OH asked for 10 some months ago :lol:

we had the 55mph suspension warning AGAIN, Diagbox procedure followed, 3 litres of LDS in and the b*****d thing won't drag it's arse off the floor :x
left it overnight and rear will raise and drop but still have a Snowplough front end.

I fear that this may be last straw, i've thrown money at it but i think Citroen lost the plot reliability wise and so now the search has sort of started and probably won't be French
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Re: X7 and diagbox Q's.....

Post by Sloppysod »

3 litres is alot, if that much had come out then you would see oil on the ground where you would normally park it. The system is self bleading so air is not an issue, but I would check that the "Body Displacement sensors" are working as they should", correct setting, no broken or bent linkages, electrical connection are good .......just basic stuff like that first.
Once up, check the fluid level and syphon of any extra so you wont blow any seals.

Oh I know it may seem like a daft question, but when you either unlock the car of turn the ignition on, do you hear the pump start up, whirring noise from front of car?

## Remember to use axle-stands when working under a Hydropneumatic Citroen ##
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Is there any leak on the ground? You can also loose LDS from the steering rack and this will affect the suspension.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

pump runs OK and so far after top-up is still fine.
can't see any new drops on drive at moment, however as there is little area that has no LDS on it....needle in haystack....
already had rack repaired so that won't get done again along with new ds front strut after 2 advisories at MOT time

anti pollution fault is now permanent hence why i need to double check settings for type of additive system and why i need to access live data, soot levels etc.

short list for replacement is moving along......Honda CR-V, Hyundai santa Fe, Rav4 so far
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Crv is the most reliable one in CDTi form IMO, the Rav4's are also good but personally I'm put off by more modern Toyotas after a bad experience with them.