Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42193
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1252

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by CitroJim »

Northerner wrote:Ditto all that's gone before .... say's he who has just celebrated his 60th last evening and is still waking up .... slowly [emoji45]
Happy birthday Mike :D

Only four years older than me so no age at all yet...

The Zimmer Frame is a long way off!

superloopy
Posts: 3305
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 03:25

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by superloopy »

But ... you're younger and fitter Jim. And ... I can't swim even though there's a pool less than 100 tards down the road. So a zimmer IS looming large [emoji45]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

harryp
Donor 2016
Posts: 648
Joined: 07 May 2011, 16:03
x 28

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by harryp »

Oh you youngsters. :rofl2: :rofl2:
Pure jealousy on my pert :roll:
Take care all

harryp
Donor 2016
Posts: 648
Joined: 07 May 2011, 16:03
x 28

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by harryp »

No, no, not my pert, MY PART. Oh dear this gets worse-- I'll stop digging :oops: :oops:

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42193
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1252

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by CitroJim »

Northerner wrote:But ... you're younger and fitter Jim. And ... I can't swim even though there's a pool less than 100 tards down the road. So a zimmer IS looming large [emoji45]
Only a little younger Mike... In 50 years 4 years is negligible :wink:

To be honest, three years ago I was like you. In fact practically and to all intents and purposes disabled... A length of the pool nearly killed me and walking was about as far as you could... That bad...

Slowly and by training every day and by carefully progressing it I have reached the point like yesterday where I cycled 30 miles and today swam 1800m (50 lengths of our pool) and then cycled 10 miles in the rain...

You can do it Mike!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42193
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1252

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by CitroJim »

harryp wrote:Oh you youngsters. :rofl2: :rofl2:
Pure jealousy on my pert :roll:
Take care all
Harry, it's good to hear you're still pert!

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18227
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1047

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
Northerner wrote:But ... you're younger and fitter Jim. And ... I can't swim even though there's a pool less than 100 tards down the road. So a zimmer IS looming large [emoji45]
Only a little younger Mike... In 50 years 4 years is negligible :wink:

To be honest, three years ago I was like you. In fact practically and to all intents and purposes disabled... A length of the pool nearly killed me and walking was about as far as you could... That bad...

Slowly and by training every day and by carefully progressing it I have reached the point like yesterday where I cycled 30 miles and today swam 1800m (50 lengths of our pool) and then cycled 10 miles in the rain...

You can do it Mike!
Glutton for punishment Jim!

For my monthly exercise I drove all the way to Hexham and back.
Did walk from the car to three different shops though :)

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42193
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1252

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Glutton for punishment Jim!
The rewards are well worth it Steve :-D

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18227
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1047

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by myglaren »

If only I could convince myself of that Jim.

Hypnotism perhaps?

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 42193
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1252

Re: Have a good NEW YEAR chaps......

Post by CitroJim »

Believe me Mike, it is :D