Sat Nav update

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

centurus2400

Sat Nav update

Post by centurus2400 »

So, I've now got the latest RT4/5 DVD to update my sat nag. What I don't have are the instructions on how to carry out this operation.
Do I just stuff the disc in and hope for the best :shock: or is there a set procedure that I need to follow?
Any info gratefully received.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Sat Nav update

Post by vborovic »

Most important thing is to have the engine running during the whole update procedure (to avoid the car going into economy mode, shutting down the nav unit) ... if by chance the CD won't be read, try to copy the entire disc content to the USB, and try it that way (RT4 should have the USB connector)
centurus2400

Post by centurus2400 »

I'll give it a go when I have time. I'll definitely keep the engine running, mine seems to switch into economy mode very soon after you've turned it off - I guess one of the parameter is sensing the battery voltage.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

That's the only parameter that the BSI takes into account ... now, the logic of it could be discussed, because the time for the economy to kick in could be from 1 minute, to half an hour, and the previous car uptime has little bearing (I had on mine situations where the car was running for 3 hours, and on the next ignition, the ECO kicked in after a few minutes, other times, I could drive for 5-10 minutes, it would manage 30 minutes ... go figure) ... :D ...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

My economy mode kicks in exactly as per Citroen specification. It didn't until I fitted a new battery. Now, 10 minutes driving gives 10 minutes of full electrical system. Up to 30 minutes maximum . A good condition battery is vital on these cars.
Are you sure the RT4 has USB ? Mine doesn't as far as I know, although the OP didn't mention the year of manufacture.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I thought you had the 3D Navidrive, no?
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yes, Navidrive RT 4/5 but no USB
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The only unit that's declared as Navidrive 3D should be the NG4 (that huge double din one, with a big round dial in the middle) ... what you have is just Navidrive (not 3D)