Mike's C5 110HDi

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4908
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 342

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by daviemck2006 »

I'm like that too Mike. I've not been to the local body shop yet, it's walking distance even for me with my (-expletive removed-) back, not phoned insurance, not even been out for a look in daylight. I can sort things for other people, but for myself I seem to have a mental block. It is part of my illness which is not bad just now to be honest but has been there to varying degrees for 14 years now.

Northern_Mike

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote:I'm like that too Mike. I've not been to the local body shop yet, it's walking distance even for me with my (-expletive removed-) back, not phoned insurance, not even been out for a look in daylight. I can sort things for other people, but for myself I seem to have a mental block. It is part of my illness which is not bad just now to be honest but has been there to varying degrees for 14 years now.
I'm exactly like that Davie, or I can sort things out as long as I don't have time to think about them - like when I had to rush the missus to the hospital for various things (smashed wrist, etc), or when Sam had to go with his broken leg. Fine. Some people have even commented on how level-headed I am!

If I have more than about 5 minutes to think about something, that's it. It's all over, I'll worry about it, it won't get done, I'll worry about it some more.. etc. I'm told it's likely caused by the thyroid problems I had for years which are now medicated, but they can leave lasting damage. I take some great medication for the pain I get. I'm not sure it's that much use for the pain any more (I take Lyrica) but it can make the world seem a lovely place :D

My car, apart from being filthy, appears to have escaped unscathed. It's been over to Wycombe this morning and my mate's whizzed a new track rod on it and done the tracking and it seems fine again. I expect it to expire in a smoky cloud now I've written that..

User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4908
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 342

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by daviemck2006 »

That's the kiss of death for a citroen, proclaiming it's fine lol. If mine is written off I may show an interest in yours knowing it's history, or may take the chance to sample a xantia having never had one. Or maybe something totally different. Depends on a few things.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43889
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1780

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote: As you know Jim, I suffer from what the Talking Therapies lot call "Generalised anxiety disorder".
I understand that entirely. Before ME came and modified my life out of recognition I used to suffer similar but since crawling out of the ME pit it's been replaced with quite aggressive OCD which means, inter-alia, I deal with things rapidly in a belief that if I do so it'll reduce my stress levels.

I'm not sure it does but it does help me think so... At least I've stopped worrying about anything beyond my control.

Mike, pleased to hear the car is good and escaped largely unscathed. And yes, as you say Davie, saying all is good is tempting fate a bit :lol:

citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 3

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by citronut »

glad your ok Mike hope the car is too, i will have to get Bertie finished ASAP then, just in case there's out bent on the C5, fingers crossed though,

every day i go out in the car i feel people have forgotten how to drive, that is if they knew in the first place

Northern_Mike

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Northern_Mike »

Seems fine Malcolm. Been out in it a lot tomorrow and it's got at least 200 miles to do tomorrow so we'll soon find out if there's anything wrong.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Citroenmad »

I'm pleased to hear that the faithful old C5 survived your forced off-roading, Mike. Tha NS mirror has had its fair share of abuse and mirror glasses! The mirrors themselves must he especially strong, its survived trial by cyclist, bridge and now hedge :lol:

Are you still considering selling it? There has been talk that we could've used it back, as our C5 estate is sure to be a write-off.

Northern_Mike

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:I'm pleased to hear that the faithful old C5 survived your forced off-roading, Mike. Tha NS mirror has had its fair share of abuse and mirror glasses! The mirrors themselves must he especially strong, its survived trial by cyclist, bridge and now hedge :lol:

Are you still considering selling it? There has been talk that we could've used it back, as our C5 estate is sure to be a write-off.
It seems to have survived absolutely fine Chris, and apart from the desperate need of a wash - I drive down country lanes for 30 miles a day, or the M4, not good for keeping a car clean at this time of year - it's in exactly the same condition it was when it left your driveway plus about 4000 miles.

It's "for sale" in the way that I'm happy to keep using it as and when I need to, but if someone wanted to buy it, I would let them. We don't actually need it, as the last two weeks without the Berlingo have proved - we can manage with one car perfectly well these days. Had I not had it when the Berlingo broke, I would have got Malcolm to do the Berlingo work in a day, rather than fitting it around what he had already booked. I've only used the DRK to come to work once since we've been without the Berlingo, and that was out of choice.

citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 3

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by citronut »

northern_mike wrote:Seems fine Malcolm. Been out in it a lot tomorrow
seems you have one of these as well Mike

http://tinyurl.com/nq2k63a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Xantianut
Posts: 730
Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
x 52

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Xantianut »

A DeLorean?

The only car more unreliable than a Citroen? :rofl2:

Having said that, my old Xantia only let me down once and that was my fault. Friction material gone from the front brakes so pulled up in North Wales with sparks flying from them!

The worst danger to any Citroen is a prevaricating Owner. I know. I am that prevaricating Owner.

Northern_Mike

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:
northern_mike wrote:Seems fine Malcolm. Been out in it a lot tomorrow
seems you have one of these as well Mike

http://tinyurl.com/nq2k63a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
God no.

An American car built in 80s Britain from French and Lotus bits? I know I have a masochistic bent, but that's a step too far, even for me.

There's one lives two streets down from me. I see it often. It looks even more of a homebuilt effort than the DRK does. Horrid things hankered after only by <disparaging remarks made in jest deleted in case someone gets their oversensitive knickers in a serious twist>

citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 3

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by citronut »

maybe its one of these then

http://tinyurl.com/p2makl2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Northern_Mike

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, the C5 is now in the capable hands of Mr. Citronut, awaiting a good fiddling with. When it returns I'll investigate the air con and if we have success, fix that and remap it.

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 19970
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 1579

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by myglaren »

citronut wrote:maybe its one of these then

http://tinyurl.com/p2makl2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or these:

Image

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43889
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1780

Re: Mike's C5 110HDi

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote:When it returns I'll investigate the air con and if we have success, fix that and remap it.
Remap the aircon Mike?

That's a new one on me...

:?