Happy Birthday Hell Razor!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Happy Birthday Hell Razor!

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:Eight hours :shock: :shock:
That's not particularly strange. I have, in the past, spent entire weekends playing multiplayer QUAKE II on a friend's LAN in the house, six of us, all in different rooms on different PCs, in the dark for much of it.... I think that alcohol at least was involved..
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Struth; the longest I can sit still is about ninety minutes - and that's when downloading (official) SEDRE diagrams or crossreferencing parts on Fleabay.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

addo wrote:Struth; the longest I can sit still is about ninety minutes - and that's when downloading (official) SEDRE diagrams or crossreferencing parts on Fleabay.
This is going back about 18 years in winter when it goes dark at 4pm..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Struth; the longest I can sit still is about ninety minutes .
I'm doing well if I can last 90 seconds.... :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have a pet hate of them there computer/internet war ( war of any sort in fact ) games,
as my son in law tends to be glued to his computer chair/monitor virtually every waken minute of his time when not at work :shock: :? :? 8-[ 8-[ :evil: :evil: :roll: , this is NOT an addiction you understand :roll: :? ( so he says )

cant get my head round this, he's either burying his head in the sand over parenthood, or he's bored silly me thinks!!!
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's probably why your daughter married him - because you disapproved! :wink:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, I am getting bored, but I enjoyed the original Elite (having achieved the status of Elite) and its sequels, and this builds very well on the original game. I am building a 'Q' ship, as I got fed up (in the early stages) of being 'bounced' by other players as I was getting started. I came across another player at a space station who had only started playing that day, and had been destroyed 3 times already. He was feeling 'bruised' and that he had wasted his money (and was very surprised that somebody was prepared to take the time to talk to him). I offered him some advise, commiserated with him, and he headed off feeling a bit better, and not everybody was out to get him.

Everybody has different ways to relax. This is one that works for me (even though, at times, it is hard work).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

citronut wrote:i have a pet hate of them there computer/internet war ( war of any sort in fact )
Well said Malcolm! Same here!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am not into the on-line fighting games (or driving games either, although I do enjoy driving), but Elite Dangerous has several ways to succeed. Combat is one of them, you can also do well by trading, or become a stellar explorer. I am getting into it because I so enjoyed the original game, and it is built upon that, and a whole lot more. I am not the sort to go bullying the newbies, but I quite enjoy the bullies 'bouncing' me, and then either going away badly shot up, or finding themselves back at their last port of call with the message "You ship has exploded", and, if they want to get an identical replacement, having to pay their insurance excess! I am not joking on that last point, you are given the choice of a free replacement (a battered Sidewinder with 4 tonnes cargo capacity and minimal equipment), or paying a percentage for an identical original replacement, equipment and all!

The designers have a sense of humour. There are three status monitors, with various levels. There is Combat Rank, with the starting level of 'Harmless' (I am 'Mostly Harmless'), Trade Rank, with the starting level of 'Penniless' (true for lots of us!, but I am now a 'Peddler'!), and Explorer Rank, with the starting level of 'Aimless'! I don't know what that changes to, as I have not yet gone off stellar exploring.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!