Xanti 2002 HDI power loss and cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xanti 2002 HDI power loss and cutting out

Post by CitroJim »

Good :-D Fingers crossed John [-o<
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The filter is that stainless steel tube on the end (unless yours hasn't got one) it doesn't look like a filter because the holes are to small to see. Mine had done getting on for 200,000 miles before it blocked so I don't think it should fail imminently. Mine also had tiny metal shards sticking out of it suggesting that the lift pump was failing so I changed that as well.

Peter
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Phew... seems that is all then. If it is just the bit that sticks out with the holes at the bottom so all should be well. Fingers and toes crossed for no more problems.
I have seen a VW Touran in a local dealer's yard but to be honest I would miss the support of this forum for finding solutions to problems.
I would rather run this for another year or so then change it for another citroen (C4 Picasso is favourite at the moment) if something calls to me from the car ads.
Thanks for all the help and advice on this.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You can't beat the PSA diesel engines, they have probably been making them longer than anyone else with the possible exception of Mercedes and they certainly make more than anyone else. I had a 404 diesel from the '60s and apart from deafening you at above 60mph it was by far the best car diesel and the XUD was what really started the diesel revolution.

They can't make petrol engines though. :wink:

Peter