Another fine mess

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Re: Another fine mess

Post by Old-Guy »

northern_mike wrote:They are different between the 90 and 110. Mine had split on the underside of the top hose. Repaired with a drink can of the correct diameter stuff down inside the hose and a bicycle puncture kit, superglue and duck tape around the outside.
I'm releived to see that I'm not the only one 'inventing' unorthodox ways of 'repairing' parts that are no longer available.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Old-Guy wrote:
northern_mike wrote:They are different between the 90 and 110. Mine had split on the underside of the top hose. Repaired with a drink can of the correct diameter stuff down inside the hose and a bicycle puncture kit, superglue and duck tape around the outside.
I'm releived to see that I'm not the only one 'inventing' unorthodox ways of 'repairing' parts that are no longer available.
Nope, there are many of us Guy...

I've repaired cruise control bellows in the past with bicycle puncture repair patches...

I saw a milling machine I'd have liked at the NEC Classic Car Show. Just imagine what I could make with that!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I once replaced a 2cv throttle cable at the roadside with baling twine stolen from the field I'd broken down next to. Forgot about it for 12 months!
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

I got about 18 months, before it was scrapped, out of my old 1.9 VSX by using blue tack to seal the air leak on the fuel filter housing. Every couple of months I had to massage it a bit but it worked.
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Cheers for the info, what about silicone hoses, I looked on demon tweeks and after selecting xantia 110 hdi it came up with samco hoses, but they're all over the place. Do citroen still do the hoses, will have to check with them in morning. I'm a nervous wreck with all the current problems.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Give Phillip a ring at http://www.rigbye.citroen.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he is extremely helpful and they are a really good dealership, my C6 goes there and he found me various parts for the Xantia V6 I had.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

xantiagreen wrote:Cheers for the info, what about silicone hoses, I looked on demon tweeks and after selecting xantia 110 hdi it came up with samco hoses, but they're all over the place. Do citroen still do the hoses, will have to check with them in morning. I'm a nervous wreck with all the current problems.
Citroen still do them but they are ridiculously expensive. £80 or so for the longer one. I eventually got a replacement off eBay from a breaker for a tenner.
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

EGR valve can cause this sort of symptoms.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Will check with Rigbye & son's Monday and then it's locate boost leak if there is and change MAF and check EGR, hook car up to diagnostic (Lexia if I can find someone with it), still need to get regulator fitted then the MOT advisories and that should be the all.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Trainman wrote:Give Phillip a ring at http://www.rigbye.citroen.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Steve, spoke to Phillip and what a marvellous chap he is, rang another citroen dealers before rigbye's and they told me no discounts and one of the parts I asked not available any more (, Phillip found the part and discounted the price, so will be following his advice on service citroen getting the part numbers and ordering the necessary parts, MAF's a tad expensive.

Your a star Steve :notworthy:
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Regulators all done, working nicely leaving door card off for a couple of days just in case. Thanks for the help lads and MJM for the pictorial assistance..
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
01 Xantia 110 Hdi