Citroen C6 2.2 HDI 2010

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

floggmolly

Citroen C6 2.2 HDI 2010

Post by floggmolly »

I Have A 2010 Citroen C6 2.2 HDI I Drive Into My Driveway And Parked It Up, When I Went Out The Next Day It Wouldn't Start, I Plugged It Into Lexia And Got The Following Fault Codes:
BSI = 1 Fault

F5FF (unexpected re-initialisation fault coming from the BSI) Not Characterised.

Injection / Ignition (EDC16CP39) = 5 Faults

P0113 Air intake temperature signal (air flow sensor). Intermittent, short circuit to Positive,

open circuit or value too high.

P0123 Mixer butterfly position copy signal. Intermittent, short circuit to Positive, open

circuit or value too high.

P0238 Turbo pressure signal (air inlet manifold). Permanent, short circuit to Positive, open

circuit or value too high.

P2100 Motorised throttle control. Intermittent, short circuit between wires.

P2111 Mixer butterfly position copy signal. Permanent, butterfly stuck during post

operation.

Can Anybody Please Help? [-o<
Thank You In Advance :)
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Citroen C6 2.2 HDI 2010

Post by vborovic »

Wow, that's a lot of errors to get overnight, you sure you didn't feel any changes in the ride in the last few days? Is the battery well charged?
floggmolly

Post by floggmolly »

Thanks for the reply, I thought it sounded abit loud since I bought it a few weeks ago?
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

And you checked for errors with Lexia only once? If so, then we won't know exactly what the situation was right from the start ... maybe to try and do the BSI reset (some members would suggest doing this), just in case some errors are actually not errors, but glitches ... one description of the procedure can be found here (not sure if applicable to your C6):

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

... if it won't clear at least some of the errors, then your next step should be running tests with Lexia on each of the possible components, to see if it will give you any extra feedback ... after that, well, you go under the hood and beat the hell out of it ... :D ... whatever you do, good luck ...
floggmolly

Post by floggmolly »

How do you do the BSI Reset?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This is how to do a BSi reset;

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure

It looks complicated, and a common question is "Why?". Think of it as shutting down a PC (as opposed to putting it into standby). If you just pull the power any active files could become corrupted, whereas if you tell Windows to shut down it closes all active files, cleans itself up, and then shuts down cleanly. Well, even when you turn off the ignition and take the key out there are electronics still active (for example, the alarm system), so you need to shut these down as well.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Tip: do 2nd part, the reconnect part, in the morning after an overnight charge (if you do not have a load tester) to ensure your battery is 100%
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I would say either the battery has had it; the fuse box has gone dolally; or one of the components that has a 5V control supply has gone belly up and is pulling the voltage down.

Check the battery voltage first...
Richard W
Jodyone

Post by Jodyone »

If you disconnect the battery on a C6 REMEMBER TO OPEN ALL THE WINDOWS!! At least an inch or so. The windows drop electrically when you open the door, and if you close the door without this having happened- broken window...

Random multiple errors reported on the C6 forum are invariably caused by dead/dying battery, as Richard said. Don't forget the battery's in the boot.
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

RichardW wrote:I would say either the battery has had it; the fuse box has gone dolally; or one of the components that has a 5V control supply has gone belly up and is pulling the voltage down.

Check the battery voltage first...
It wouldn't be the first time that a fuse box has failed, although it is more Han likely a battery issue......
Jodyone wrote:If you disconnect the battery on a C6 REMEMBER TO OPEN ALL THE WINDOWS!! At least an inch or so. The windows drop electrically when you open the door, and if you close the door without this having happened- broken window...

Random multiple errors reported on the C6 forum are invariably caused by dead/dying battery, as Richard said. Don't forget the battery's in the boot.
good advice about the Windows, a definite must.......If you are unsure where the battery is, then open the boot lid, there is an access panel on the near side, the battery is behind there, NO having said that, it's in a pig of a place, you may well have to remove the boot seal and pull away the side panel to get access.

I know Jodyone has mentioned http://www.c6owners.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but thought it might be a good idea to give you the address.

If there's anything else, just shout......... oh and welcome to C6 ownership :-D
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php