Xantia stolen - how did they bypass immobiliser?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia stolen - how did they bypass immobiliser?

Post by taffy »

wish i knew how to nick me own car at the mo lmao!
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Interesting to say the least that the OP (with the same username :roll: ) asked the same question on another forum several months ago, except that his dad's car was then a Xsara!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but I may have been a complete numpty and forgot his pin code in his Activa :(

Car has been parked up for a month and I've had another car with a keypad in the interim so I think I'm stuffed!!!!

Is there anyone with an ecu with a known code or anyone know of a service that will delete the bloody thing from the ecu if I send it off to them at all?
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Thank foook for that I've found it!!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

If it was easy to bypass it wouldn't be a very good immobiliser now would it ? :lol:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Every other model of Xantia fitted with one can be resolved very easily but the tct is the only issue one...

There must be a simpler way for this engine... Maybe dickieg knows a way as he aluded to previously and let's face it, how many of us still have the keypad if we can get rid of it?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I do... :lol:
Simon

1978 CX 2400
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Everyone I have I replace the sodding things with oddment trays as they do nothing but cause annoyance. Do you really enjoy putting the code in everytime you want to use the car...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

No, I just don't have an oddment tray to replace it yet ;)
Simon

1978 CX 2400
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Paul probably has a few and I bet David had one as well :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:Thank foook for that I've found it!!
Thanks goodness for that Will :-D
KP wrote:Every other model of Xantia fitted with one can be resolved very easily but the tct is the only issue one...
Indeed, the TCT is the only one in my experience where the keypad cannot be rendered inoperative in the usual way... I do not know why this is...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Bx gti turbo
My Cars: Citroen bx gti turbo

Mercedes 190e 3.0

Mercedes E320cdi

Post by Bx gti turbo »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Jan 2013, 16:34 Was it a diesel or a petrol and more specifically, what engine?

Generally it is very difficult to bypass a keypad and on a diesel, given the pump armouring is intact, very difficult and for the purposes of nicking same, almost impossible...

On a petrol, the easiest would be to go equipped with a spare ECU for which the code is known. That would take planning and most thieves aren't that bright generally...

It must have been well worth the trouble of nicking it...
Jim I've been trying to find a way of contacting you I haven't been on these forums before soo hope this works. I've 2.0 swapped my bx gti xu10j2te Citroen xaintia activa 2.0 turbo and am struggling to get the thing to fire as far as I'm aware I have wired the double relay correctly and also permant live to the ecu correctly. The only reason I can think that the car won't fire is because the emobilzor or the keypad is there a way of manually overcoming this or does this have to be coded out (unlocked) I'm really struggling finding someone to unlock one of these ecus do you have any idear who may be able to help. [-o<

Cheers in advance (Harley Cross)
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

There is almost no way to bypass the ECU immobiliser on a locked ECU, other than by reprogramming the ECU.

If you know the immobiliser code which was last set in the ECU, you could fit a keypad (I am assuming that it was a S1 Xantia, S2 have a key transponder immobiliser).

There are devices available on the grey market which will scan the ECU and try all the possible codes until the correct one is found, but you would still need to fit a keypad to start the engine.

All UK Xantias from 1995 were fitted with immobilisers, in some other markets (especially outside Europe) immobilisers were not fitted, and the ECU did not have an immobiliser function.
Bx gti turbo
My Cars: Citroen bx gti turbo

Mercedes 190e 3.0

Mercedes E320cdi

Post by Bx gti turbo »

xantia_v6 wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 21:24 There is almost no way to bypass the ECU immobiliser on a locked ECU, other than by reprogramming the ECU.

If you know the immobiliser code which was last set in the ECU, you could fit a keypad (I am assuming that it was a S1 Xantia, S2 have a key transponder immobiliser).

There are devices available on the grey market which will scan the ECU and try all the possible codes until the correct one is found, but you would still need to fit a keypad to start the engine.

All UK Xantias from 1995 were fitted with immobilisers, in some other markets (especially outside Europe) immobilisers were not fitted, and the ECU did not have an immobiliser function.

I am unsure if the engine was from a s1 or s2 I am guessing a s2 from how the loom is surly there is somebody out there that could (chip change) wipe the imbolizer from the ecu

I have seen you can buy unlocked ecus for xaintias /406 ect it must be able to be done as alot of the 205 Bois have done the conversion.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

There are ECU reprogramming companies out there that will wipe the immob part of the ECU out but it would be around £250 last I asked one about this.