I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by citronut »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
I'll need to reflect a while and select a suitable reward for my own observation skills :)

Regards Neil
only a virtual pint mind Neil :roll: :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Well more like 500ml than a pint, but this is my tipple tonight, kindly donated by my youngest daughter for services rendered re transporting back to uni.

I am combining it with a bit of fine dining in the shape of something made from specially selected British Potatoes and handcooked on Tyrrells Court Farm in Herefordshire :)

Do you know what....never saw a single interesting car on the entire 400 mile round trip, being overtaken by a silver Aston Martin on the Military Road by Hadrians wall didnt count... in my opinion they look pretty ordinary...I got far more pleasure from seeing a couple of Nuthatches really close up picking up seeds from the road right next to the car when we set off from home.

I did organise to get a picture taken for a whatsthisthen? on the trip but its more of a wheresthisthen? and a very nice piece of period highway arcthitecture in its own right!...

Its not this but it could have been this

or this

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Is the top one on the M62 Neil?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Yes I am quie happy to give that one away Jim. Its the footbridge where the Pennine Way crosses the M62.

Its quite appropriate really wih a nice link to my Sunday night tipple!

AW Wainwright was born in Blackburn, the home of Thwaites Brewery....hence the naming of the golden ale.
He is of course known for his walking guides tp the Lakeland fells but he also made a significant contribution with a guide to the Pennine Way which he authored and illustrated. He made an offer to buy a half-pint of beer for anyone who finished the Pennine Way which was estimated to have cost him up to £15,000.

I always look out for this when travelling the M62. It's a farm in between the carriageways, and was a cover story in the Farmer's Weekly in 1972 entitled "The Meat in the Middle of the Motorway Sandwich".......not a lot of people know that :)

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Didn't that farm end up like that because the owners absolutely refused to sell or otherwise budge and they built the motorway around them?

Must be a great place to live.. A lovely place for a dedicated Eddie Stobart spotter I guess...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The latest Lidl adverts have an H Van in the background. I know, it doesn't score me points, but here it is anyway;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Caught sight of an H-Van on the move in Dunbar at the weekend. Presumably this one as it has a comically tall chimney on it :lol:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i spotted a bottle green H pick up turning of the Bexhill rd into the Pebsham tip entrance on Saturday morning,
i was heading west towards Bexhill to continue my quest of retuning the Lingfield DS1 electronique injection Palas back to the road,
usual on that stretch of road at the weekend heavy traffic so i couldnt even follow it for a photo shoot :roll: #-o
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
NewcastleFalcon

RichardW wrote:Caught sight of an H-Van on the move in Dunbar at the weekend. Presumably this one as it has a comically tall chimney on it :lol:
Excellent spot Richard, I will certainly look out for it.

It came from the French Alps, and was renovated/converted at HVAN World

Regardless of the lack of primary photographic evidence, the spot is worth at least 49 and one half points....and.....a virtual bottle of Belhaven 80 Shillings

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I was pleased to see the Yapp Wines H Van was in it's normal and customary place on the side of the A303 last Saturday...

It was covered in a big sheet proclaiming that Yapp Wines had a sale on...

Not much of the van itself could be seen...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Now Big Chief I-Spy always likes an unusual spot. Citroen H Vans as catering outlets are pretty commonplace now, so its nice to see something else old and French, and a bit of enterprise, particularly when its here on my doorstep.....

Looks like a Peugeot j7 to me

Its out and about in the North East and a regular at the Quayside Market, so I'll be bidding for 50 points if I manage to get an original photo :)

I might even award myself a brown ale ice cream!

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Brown Ale ice cream? Really?

Gosh, that's almost unimaginable... Almost as unimaginable and roast beef flavour ice cream or chicken favour yoghurt.... :roll:

The Pug's a bit of a looker 8-)

Why is it these days all vans are butt ugly but back in those days they really tried to give them a bit of appeal?
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Talking about unusual combinations how about M&S's festive drink offering

Worth a try, could be an acquired taste

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

The story of Victoria and Alex and their J7 van Goldie is told in the Newcastle Journal here

Not without its only to be expected mechanical problems but hats off to them as far as I am concerned.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Talking about unusual combinations how about M&S's festive drink offering

Worth a try, could be an acquired taste
I think I'll pass on anything that contains Brussels Sprouts, acquired taste or not :lol:

Mind you, perhaps if the Pug van owners drunk that stuff they wouldn't need an engine... It could become wind-powered...
Jim