I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:
No chance of getting a photo as I was driving.

It had something like 'Cuisine' in green leters across the top of it...
so you were in low flight in the C1 when you saw 1 then Jim :o :twisted: :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It's back!;

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/james ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/james ... sort=3&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ice creams are nice. I had a 'Fruits of the Forest', for £2. Decent sized scoop, and it didn't melt very quickly, in spite of the heat. The H Van is run by 'Forest Fruits'.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 12 Jul 2014, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: so you were in low flight in the C1 when you saw 1 then Jim :o :twisted: :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Yes :-D For such a little thing it's surprisingly good on a journey. Seats are excellent..

Ride is not quite V6 Xantia Standard though and the cruise control is rubbish :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

James

I think you have worked your way to another 99 points with this, and more importantly with the "selfie" you linked to. :-D

Its the joining in that counts, so Big Chief I-Spy has put away his usual pedantic nit-picking about it not being quite the official "Jamie Oliver" ice cream van, and has made only a one-point deduction.

Or am I wrong, the vans look pretty similar, but with a different paint job.......but one is on French plates, and the other on UK Plates.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote:Saw a cream H Van travelling east on the A303 this morning down in Wiltshire.

No chance of getting a photo as I was driving.

It was a catering wagon. It had something like 'Cuisine' in green leters across the top of it...
I am bit disapointed you didn't do a u-turn Jim and pin down a few more precise details. If the H was travelling east was it heading for Stonehenge I wonder, or was there some street food festival going on in Basingstoke?

As a regular traveller on the A303 you may or may not be aware that it is probably the only trunk road in Britain that has a track on a British Number 1 selling Album. Not quite get your kicks on Route 66 though..

It also featured in a BBC Four Documentary with a bloke driving its length in a Morris Traveller. Its probably only for the A303 purist, or for members of the judging panel of the World's most boring documentary awards.

Oh dear......here are the links.....

BBC Four Documentary-A303 Highway to the Sun

enjoy

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Neil, the A303 documentary is a fixture on my video recording thing. I really must burn it off to DVD one of these days as I love it. Mainly because I know the road like the back of my hand...

Never realised there was a song about it...

Sadly, where I spotted the H was on a stretch of the '303 with limited interchanges. By the time I'd done a u'ey it would have been well gone and impossible to catch again. It was moving at a reasonable pace...

I was sad not to see the Yapp H in its usual spot yesterday. It seems these days it's only there on weekdays.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

well i'm back after 7 weeks :lol:

H's were a bit thin on the ground probably because they're all working their way to Blighty :)

both my spots will be well known and photographed by anyone at the LM Classic but i'll give it ago for some points .......

'scuse the quality of this one....probably in the busiest part of the Village and i wasn't about to risk my life.....

this one was actually working for its keep.....

currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
NewcastleFalcon

Welcome back..looking back I think you were offered 49 points for this

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Yes often 50 points would be awarded for an unusual spot and I think there has to be bit of credit given for it being a genuine French sighting. However a go-er it is not, and Timmo got the point deducted for the tow rope on one of his spots.

Then again lets compare it in attractiveness to this, there are some more attractive ones out there waiting to be spotted:-

So, in summary how about a 49 for the scrap van, with a 51 waiting if you come up with something attractive for your second spot! :)
Well you have surpassed yourself with a nice pair of HVan Spots..at le Mans no less?

Big Chief I-Spy is in generous mood.......How about a pair of 51's , 102 points for the pair :?: :)

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Spotted another HVan today, but rather than collecting points I may be forced to deduct some.

It was "Pizzette", spotted at the Boilershop Steamer earlier in the thread, in it's Italian Flag White Green and Red Livery

It was on the back of a Lorry heading south on the A1 near Morpeth in Northumberland about 9.30 ish tonight. I have my doubts that it is "runner" particularly seeing it's still on French plates.

So being hard on myself I am down to 249 points

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

Here's a novel use for an H van.
http://www.bonvoyagehearse.co.uk
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
NewcastleFalcon

BW wrote:Here's a novel use for an H van.
http://www.bonvoyagehearse.co.uk
Excellent spot BW. I think thats worth a few points even though you haven't seen it in the flesh.
I think its appropriate to post up the picture in the body of the thread......

Big Chief I-spy likes that one........have 50 points on me!

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
BW
My Cars: Xantia V6
2cv Special

Post by BW »

Very kind.
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
NewcastleFalcon

This Vietnamese Toy Manufacturer classifies the Citroen H as a "Great British Farm Truck" :)

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

An unexpected and nice surprise spotting in Budapest last week :)

The location was at the beginning of the pedestrian street area called VACI utca.
You can check the location by copy & paste GPS coordinates into google maps:
47°29'47.8"N 19°03'03.5"E or 47.496611, 19.050972

And one more pic taken at around 21:30.

C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
NewcastleFalcon

Excellent pictures and the full 51 points for a geniune overseas spot. Budapest, Vienna, and raking through the older pages of the thread, I did extract this picture from the "Spotted Xantias and other French Stuff thread" some connection with 102 dalmations i think. Should take your points total to around 153 for 3 overseas spots!

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey