I do lament the lack of interest or ability of people these days when it comes to tinkering and fixing things themselves, I think its secretly why we all own old Citroens - so we can keep in practice.
V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
-
Mandrake
- Posts: 8692
- Joined: 10 Apr 2005, 17:23
- x 695
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I'm the reverse Jim - cars were relatively late for me but I started in Electronics at about 8 I think, I remember clearly the little kits that had a transistor and a few caps and resisters mounted on a plastic board with springs that you could join with link wires to make various things, building a 12v 5amp regulated power supply when I was about 10 (which still works nearly 30 years later believe it or not!) and passing my ham license at 12. Cars weren't even a twinkle in my eye at the time...
I do lament the lack of interest or ability of people these days when it comes to tinkering and fixing things themselves, I think its secretly why we all own old Citroens - so we can keep in practice.
I do lament the lack of interest or ability of people these days when it comes to tinkering and fixing things themselves, I think its secretly why we all own old Citroens - so we can keep in practice.
Simon
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White
1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8387
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I remember those well Simon but I bypassed them and dived straight into the deep end of valve wirelesses and tellys. It all started with me when my Dansette Record Player blew up and a near neighbour fixed it for me and allowed me to watch him work his magic. I was hooked from that moment on. From there it was just a short step to me doing the same myself. I used to earn all my pocket money fixing transistor radios belonging to fellow schoolchildren. I had a great little business goingMandrake wrote: I remember clearly the little kits that had a transistor and a few caps and resisters mounted on a plastic board with springs that you could join with link wires to make various things
I still hold an amateur radio licence. G4MEZ. Not been on the air for years now but maintain my licence just in case I do again one of these days.
I think you're rightMandrake wrote: I think its secretly why we all own old Citroëns - so we can keep in practice.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Listen to you two, sounds like 'Old Foggies R Us"

Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8387
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Steve, we're not oldTrainman wrote:Listen to you two, sounds like 'Old Foggies R Us"![]()
Anyway, humble apologies for hijacking your blog
Sorry sir. I won't do it again. A big boy made me do it.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Sir James, I'mCitroJim wrote:Steve, we're not oldTrainman wrote:Listen to you two, sounds like 'Old Foggies R Us"![]()
Or at least I'm not! I'm only 55!
Anyway, humble apologies for hijacking your blog![]()
Sorry sir. I won't do it again. A big boy made me do it.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8387
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Trainman wrote:Listen to us three, sounds like 'Old Foggies R Us"![]()
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Do you want that item I took to Scotland returned in one piece or twenty.....

Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Ha ha thanks again for that Steve 
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Hopefully, it's being brought down to the National for me, then I can bring it back to you....
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
DHallworth
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 2436
- Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 17:05
- x 167
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Wills exact words this morning were:Trainman wrote:Hopefully, it's being brought down to the National for me, then I can bring it back to you....
when he realised that it wasn't what he was hoping it was so no return load Steve."Ah no worrieschuck it then, sorry to waste your time fella
"
David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Yeah turned out to be pointless and the issue it was givingt me didn't appear. Tried the other two I have the same this morning and fine! Stupid bloody technology!!
Anyway there may be some for a trip to the national if there is room in your trailer Steve
Anyway there may be some for a trip to the national if there is room in your trailer Steve
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Yeah no problems, so long as it's not a full car load, I'm only working Weds and Thursday this week, so could pick up what you have Thursday about 2:30
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
That sounds like a plan! Remind me in the morning to get it ready for you so we don't get a repeat of last time lol!
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Okie dokie
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php