I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It doesn't have multi coloured circles on it any more?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Yes Dumbo1 has had a new paint job but hasn't been logo-ed up yet by the Union of Genius Soup Café.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And the blue one is covered in bubbles...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

does this count and how many points do i win,

i was looking up H van head gasket and this came up

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=citro ... 80&bih=895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
NewcastleFalcon

How about a BOGOF type of incentive if you'll pardon my French.......any real world spot of a van on the image list gets double points ie 100 points!

(apart from the Jamie's ice cream van which may have to have the Jamie Oliver adjustment factor applied)

There is a bit of a story on this one here on the image list

Looks like it made it from France to County Durham, although it was up for sale in 2011 so who knows where it is now. Being a Durham lad myself I am happy to offer triple points (150) for a spot of this particular vehicle.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Tecar

Post by Tecar »

That's from our work blog. Our website has a few more pics, and links to other vans (wordpress, Facebook, pinterest) :wink:
Last edited by Tecar on 12 Jul 2014, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:(apart from the Jamie's ice cream van which may have to have the Jamie Oliver adjustment factor applied)

Regards Neil
Drat. Still, as it was also outside "Jamie's Italian" in Reading I suppose I cannot complain! However, do I get 999 points for each of the ones I spotted at Royal Ascot?
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 11 Jul 2014, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Now here's a challenge for Team WFA. First, get hold of an H van with a good solid body. Then get hold of an ES9 engine (unless economy is a major concern, in which case get hold of a 110 HDi engine). Next find an Activa that has fully working suspension (the rest isn't important). I think you can guess where this is going.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote:If there are any well-heeled forum members, looking to bag 50 points for an H-Van spot you could do worse than head to the May meeting at Ascot today.

If you get peckish you could always try some "balls in a bap" from the cheeky Italian!

Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture...........

I think I can safely offer 999 points for a genuine "Cheeky Italian" spot today :)

Neil
James, I am afraid the 999 points for a spot at Ascot was a time-limited deal for May 10th only! and may have required dining on "balls in a bap" from the "Cheeky Italian" in the early pages of the thread. :)

Nice try.......

But if you are brave enough to appear on Reading "High Street" with your camera, and snap a selfie with Jamies Ice Cream Van in the background, then points awarding may well be supported by the FCF membership, and the customary Jamie Oliver adjustment factor may have to be overruled :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Now here's a challenge for Team WFA. First, get hold of an H van with a good solid body. Then get hold of an ES9 engine (unless economy is a major concern, in which case get hold of a 110 HDi engine). Next find an Activa that has fully working suspension (the rest isn't important). I think you can guess where this is going.
Yep :-D

Lovely thought James 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I personally prefer the thought of a 2CV Activa powered by a GS Bitrotor motor..

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
NewcastleFalcon wrote:If there are any well-heeled forum members, looking to bag 50 points for an H-Van spot you could do worse than head to the May meeting at Ascot today.

If you get peckish you could always try some "balls in a bap" from the cheeky Italian!

Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture...........

I think I can safely offer 999 points for a genuine "Cheeky Italian" spot today :)

Neil
James, I am afraid the 999 points for a spot at Ascot was a time-limited deal for May 10th only! and may have required dining on "balls in a bap" from the "Cheeky Italian" in the early pages of the thread. :)

Nice try.......

But if you are brave enough to appear on Reading "High Street" with your camera, and snap a selfie with Jamies Ice Cream Van in the background, then points awarding may well be supported by the FCF membership, and the customary Jamie Oliver adjustment factor may have to be overruled :-D

Neil
Drat again, but I thought that would be the case. Can't blame me for trying though.

However, last time I was in town the ice cream H Van had moved on, so no luck there either.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:

Neil
what big green balls???? :yikes: :eye: :shock: :roll: #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Re:

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

northern_mike wrote:I personally prefer the thought of a 2CV Activa powered by a GS Bitrotor motor..

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
I remember one episode of 'Top Gear' when it was UK TG vs. Aus TG. One race was meant to be using commercial vehicles. The Aussies had one, but the UK didn't. Rather than forfeit, Jezza borrowed his mates' Transit Van (long wheel base, high roof). Everybody (other then Jezza) expected the Aussies would win (even Hamster, who was driving the van). However, when the race started the van left the ute for dead. When the Aussies complained, there was found to be a Jaguar XJ220 engine with twin turbos in the back of the van. The bit that made me laugh most was when Hamster said "You could have warned me, I got the shock of my life!"

Found it on You Tube. Sorry about the quality;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Saw a cream H Van travelling east on the A303 this morning down in Wiltshire.

No chance of getting a photo as I was driving.

It was a catering wagon. It had something like 'Cuisine' in green leters across the top of it...
Jim