Alfa Romeo Gtv V6

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Re:

Post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote:I have lost all interest and decided to spend my money on travelling again, not cars.
Yea right. You might for a few months Mike but remember old Citroens are like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave..

We've all been there. Not least me and quite recently too. Remember my three month absense when I went to do other things? I rest my case.

We'll see you again with another old heap of Citroen tat in, say, a couple of months!

Enjoy the ride. I've travelled and quite frankly if I never leave these shores again it'll be too soon. Anglesey and the Isle of Sheppey is far enough overseas for me these days...

France and Ireland at a push perhaps but no furhter..

My girls asked me the other day if I'll ever fly again. My answer was I very much doubt it and if I do it'll take something very special to make me do it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

An offer to join the Mile High Club with companionship by Billie Piper? :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:An offer to join the Mile High Club with companionship by Billie Piper? :twisted:
Yea, that'll do nicely Adam 8-) :P :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:An offer to join the Mile High Club with companionship by Billie Piper? :twisted:
Yea, that'll do nicely Adam 8-) :P :lol:
I'll make a phone call. You free tonight?
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:I'll make a phone call. You free tonight?
No, it's Karate training tonight :wink:
Jim

Northern_Mike

Re: Re: Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
northern_mike wrote:I have lost all interest and decided to spend my money on travelling again, not cars.
Yea right. You might for a few months Mike but remember old Citroëns are like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave..

We've all been there. Not least me and quite recently too. Remember my three month absense when I went to do other things? I rest my case.

We'll see you again with another old heap of Citroen tat in, say, a couple of months

My girls asked me the other day if I'll ever fly again. My answer was I very much doubt it and if I do it'll take something very special to make me do it...
I used to love travelling Jim, went all over the world as a (very lucky) kid and young adult. I fell out of love with it after numerous long-haul flights to Brazil with kids and a particularly scary landing in awful weather in Sao Paulo about 12 years ago.

The scary coach ride through the Andes the other day, all 5 hours of it, has made me wonder why I was ever scared of flying!
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Ahhhhhh it was a coach trip! Us (ex in my case) coach drivers had to sit a special test to learn how to scare the passengers! And another on how to p**s off car drivers
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

daviemck2006 wrote:Ahhhhhh it was a coach trip! Us (ex in my case) coach drivers had to sit a special test to learn how to scare the passengers! And another on how to p**s off car drivers
Most seem to pass on both counts with excellent marks Davie :evil: I will never ride a bus or a coach. I hate the things with a passion that's matched only by my utter dislike of taxis.
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

You simply have no idea... I'll put some photos on when I get back. Given this coach ride started off at 150ft above sea level and ended at 8600ft... There's no motorways or dual carriageways.. All the traffic uses this main road down that side of the country. Well, hairpin bends, steep climbs, more hairpins, then down into more valleys and up the other side, repeat for 4 hours until you're finally at 8600ft on the savannah that Bogota is on, then spend an hour in Bogota madness. An experience I'm glad I had but wouldn't do again.
What does a coach driver do when he's stuck behind a slow truck on a 2-lane uphill narrow road with blind bends approaching? Pull out and overtake it of course.. repeatedly... I'm now aware why there's so much religion down here.

You know those South American crazy roads you see on Top Gear or other "adventurous" programmes, that scare you and you're glad you'd never have to go on one? It was one of them. 200kms took 5 hours...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Alfa Romeo Gtv V6

Post by CitroJim »

Bu***r that Mike :evil:

I'd rather walk..
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'll enjoy the pictures though despite them being a bit scary to me.. A picture of a roller coaster can make me feel dizzy :roll:
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

My lovely travelling companion/tour guide, Adriana's cousin, promptly plonked her 27 year old head on my shoulder soon after we set off and slept nearly all the way, only waking up when we got near Bogota. Cow.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I think she had exactly the right idea Mike :-D
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Lovely coach mind you, low capacity, fully reclining seats, multiple TV screens, air con (then heated near Bogota). Just driven by a maniac on scary roads.