V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

It's just frustration Mike, I love the car to bits and I know Jim has the bit I need, it's really annoying when it spits it's dummy and I can't change gear.

I have full faith in Jim I just want it done.......
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8387

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:I have full faith in Jim I just want it done.......
I'll do my best Steve :wink: I'll come fully armed for the job.
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:
Trainman wrote:I have full faith in Jim I just want it done.......
I'll do my best Steve :wink: I'll come fully armed for the job.
I know you will Jim :D it's just frustration...... mostly at myself, for not being able to it and at the car, because it let's me down so much.

Guess I'm turning into Mr Grumpy at the moment..... :roll:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 27

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by KP »

Don't forget to take your spare box, tc and some LT just incase Jim!
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

I decided to have a play this afternoon after finishing work, so Battery and air filter off (for a change....... :roll: )

Image

as I was looking around I noticed that this box was just floating around but I've no idea why or where it should be, let alone what it is

Image

So I decided, headlight out and let's see what we can find, once I removed the headlight this is what was written on the other side of the box

Image

So I disconnected it and found some sort of "Gunk" in side, cleaned it out and a spray of contact cleaner, then reconnected it.

The next job was to locate the ECU under the battery and have a look at that

Image

Image

I removed and disconnected that, again a quick spray and reconnected it.

Just before rebuilding the car I spotted the gearbox ID plate and thought it might be a good idea to take a picture

Image

Rebuilt the car and took it to the end of the street, and yes it's still the same, so flaming Polo again tomorrow......... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8387

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by CitroJim »

That's a ball-ache Steve.. Trouble is, it'll be virtually undrinkable in the state it's in.

We may need to formulate a plan B
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:That's a ball-ache Steve.. Trouble is, it'll be virtually undrinkable in the state it's in.

We may need to formulate a plan B
I think I'm just going to leave it alone for a couple of days and see what happens to be honest Jim, I'm getting to the point where I won't need to worry about getting a hair cut, because I'll have pulled it all out....... :roll: :roll:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

superloopy wrote:Undrinkable :x:?:
DEAR GOD......... I didn't spot that #-o
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8387

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:
superloopy wrote:Undrinkable :x:?:
DEAR GOD......... I didn't spot that #-o
Nor did I but the spell checker did :lol:

I meant to say undrivable....
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
BW
Posts: 124
Joined: 21 Apr 2006, 23:51
x 2

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by BW »

Here's what the box is
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITRO ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1985 2cv
2000 Xantia V6
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

I've been wondering if there was another way to do this? Couple of questions spring to mind......

How easy is it to do?

What I mean could a simpleton like me do it?

I've sort of gotta semi formulated plan, which would mean me jumping the train to Milton Keynes to collect the switch, if that's viable ? (My guess would be Monday but at the moment I don't know if I'm working or not) that way I could fit the switch Tuesday.

Another thought is would the switch from David's box, that's heading to Jim fit? Could this be doable? Milton Keynes or Glasgow make no difference, again it would have to be Monday.........

I'm just sort of thinking out loud really....... I'm hoping that none of these are necessary and that it will self rectify..........

Thoughts?
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

BW wrote:Here's what the box is
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITRO ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great, multifunction relay for what........ 8-)

Confused.com :oops:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10965
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1460

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

I have driven a Xantia V6 with the transmission in limp mode for a couple of days, and you do get used to it....
I don't think there is much chance of doing any damage, but the torque converter will be generating more heat than usual, so drive gently.
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10965
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1460

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

The switch is really quite easy to fit, easier than the ECU that you removed. You probably don't have much to lose if somebody can post you a spare switch.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Posts: 2593
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 43

Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure

Unread post by Trainman »

superloopy wrote:
Trainman wrote:
superloopy wrote:Undrinkable :x:?:
DEAR GOD......... I didn't spot that #-o
Must've been under the V6 'influence' at the time of reading eh ....
:rofl2: enough said

I guess I'm just wary, getting to the motorway is fairly easy and shouldn't put to much strain on the car, my concerns are more around the Peterborough end and getting stuck in traffic, with the added weight of the trailer.

Great that's good, at least a bumpy like me can do it, so where to get one from, I happy to travel, to get one in person that way I know I have it, but I will settle for it being posted......
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php