I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Have some points, Jim!
Thanks James :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Newcastle Falcon wrote (page 3 of thread May 10th)

If you get peckish you could always try some "balls in a bap" from the cheeky Italian!

Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture...........

I think I can safely offer 999 points for a genuine "Cheeky Italian" spot today :)
looks like forum members do frequent Ascot, so maybe that was a bit generous :-D

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 18 Jun 2014, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
Newcastle Falcon wrote (page 3 of thread May 10th)

If you get peckish you could always try some "balls in a bap" from the cheeky Italian!

Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture...........

I think I can safely offer 999 points for a genuine "Cheeky Italian" spot today :)
looks like forum members do frequent Ascot, so maybe that was a bit generous :-D

regards Neil
Apart from the fact Gracie let me down today. I am part of the EPoS support team, looking after over 250 tills on site.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Talking about gull wings ...

One quarter of one point for putting a name to this :!:

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I know what this is, but I will forgo my 1/4 of a point in case someone else can guess. I believe it's name rhymes with the surname of an inventor of a colourful cube puzzle that was popular in the 80s though..
NewcastleFalcon

Talking about gull wings...

With that additional clue only one eighth of one point available now :) or a full quarter if the location is added :!:

neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Talking about gull wings ...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: One quarter of one point for putting a name to this :!:
Cool 8-) I like...

Not a name but just my opinion...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Is not geneva motor show by anychance?? A lot of the whacky off the wall concepts appear there??
I like it though!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
NewcastleFalcon

Talking about gull wings.....

Not Geneva Timmo but you are on the right continent. You are probably only 358.2 miles out.

Now it would be really excellent if Forum members dug out their school compasses, removed the rubber from the pointy end, and inserted an Ikea pencil in the other, got a map of Europe out and drew a circle exactly to scale 358.2 miles from Geneva :)

And guess what, claim the correct location via this method and the full 1/4 point is yours for the location alone!

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Talking about gull wings....

So the location is just about given away with the last clue, (although the 358.2 miles is road miles, and a mathematical adjustment will have to be done to the compasses to convert this to crowflyage). The moral victory is already with Northern-Mike for the name, and a very heavy clue, but here's a couple of close ups to point you in the right direction

Image Image

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 24 Jun 2014, 07:29, edited 3 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Le Tour de France-La Voiture Balai

The Citroen H was traditionally used as the "Broom" wagon in the tour de France to sweep up behind the last rider. Its purpose was to pick up riders too exhausted to continue the race. For many years a broom was mounted on the van that acts as an ominous symbol trailing the last place rider(s) waiting to ‘sweep’ them up. That was up until 1992, the organizers decided the broom was outdated.

This year in July, the tour has a Yorkshire element to it, and I am sure there will be some Citroen H's to spot in and around the event.

Today there was one of those unbelievable fun-spoiling H&S scares from the little village of Masham (home of Black Sheep and Theakston's brewery).

Masham Tour de France bunting removed over safety fears

I never realised how dangerous little hand-knitted jumpers could be, especially when wet.

The people have won in the end though!

regards
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Le Tour de France-La Voiture Balai

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
Today there was one of those unbelievable fun-spoiling H&S scares from the little village of Masham (home of Black Sheep and Theakston's brewery).
Gosh :shock: I thought the H and S zealots were an extinct species these days. Clearly not...

They must have some shockingly poor lampposts in Yorkshire if the worry they'll bend under wet bunting!!!

I wonder what those zealots do for fun?
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Tour de France Yorkshire July 4th-7th

I wrote a couple of posts back:-

This year in July, the tour has a Yorkshire element to it, and I am sure there will be some Citroen H's to spot in and around the event.
Well there are going to be a fair crop of them at the Riverside Campsite at Silsden

To quote from their website:

"To keep on the “French” theme we will be featuring our very own Tour de France Food Court consisting of a variety of cuisine served from iconic converted Citroen ‘H’ Vans including:

•A wood fired pizza van also selling fresh ground coffees, breakfast baguettes and warm croissants.
•A pommes frites van also selling burgers, hot dogs, breakfasts and drinks.
•A Parisian smoker van selling apple smoked pork, chicken, venison, bacon served in french bread with a choice of sauces including mustard, cream and pastis 51, mushroom, black pepper and brandy.
•A freshly ground coffee and patisseries van
•A French ice cream parlour van"

ImageImage

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Tour de France Yorkshire Juky 4th-7th

The two rival breweries in the little town of Masham have come up with special brews to mark the Tour de France coming to Yorkshire

ImageImage

Its personal opinion, but I would give Theakston's the edge for their label, but the Black Sheep brew may be interesting with its touch of orange and coriander :)

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I hear of an H Van in Frome :)

I have asked the spotter, who is not into cars at all but knows I like things with Double Chevrons on them, to take a picture of the vehicle and pass it over to me...

I appreciate no points can be forthcoming until the picture is duly posted...
Jim