And don't worry I get the odd job but there is a secret to not getting so many
V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Just go the whole hog Steve and fit some 5k HIDs 
And don't worry I get the odd job but there is a secret to not getting so many
And don't worry I get the odd job but there is a secret to not getting so many
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I have thought about HID's but I'm sure you need washers and mine doesn't have them. I suspect I would need a pump and washer units plus all the piping and then the electrics..... I'm not sure it's viable to be honest.
I might just have to grin and bear it
I might just have to grin and bear it
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
Onlinemyglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28681
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5673
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I think it is dependent on the year of manufacture as many cars equipped with HIDs do not have washers.
My brother bought a 307 a couple of years ago - IIRC a 54 plate, with HIDs and no washers. He currently has a Mondeo that is the same.
My brother bought a 307 a couple of years ago - IIRC a 54 plate, with HIDs and no washers. He currently has a Mondeo that is the same.
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I will have a chat to my MOT chap next week and then take it from there.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Iirc the mot regs are that if it's fitted with washers or wipers they just work. If not then a self levelling system must be fully functional. Your car still self levels so I'd think it would be fine.
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I'll tell you something, these Xantia's don't like not being driven...... go back off holiday on Monday and decided to give the old girl a spin, fired up first time (thanks Will) but goodness me, she rides rough, I can't use the alarm because it goes off all the time and yes, you've guessed it, the gearbox threw a 'hissy' as well.
Going to spend a hour or so sorting her out in the morning........
Going to spend a hour or so sorting her out in the morning........
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Well, another thing checked off the list today, finally got round to getting the air con re-gassed today, and what a difference
Just got the last couple of bit to do now, I toying with heading down to Burghley House next Sunday for the ToC event, I've also ordered a towbar and want to get that fitted before the national rally so I can load a trailer up instead of the car.
Yes, I've decided to take the Xantia to the national instead of the C6.
Yes, I've decided to take the Xantia to the national instead of the C6.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
You'll like get more in the trailer than the boot anyway 
I wonder if you can get an lhm sprung trailer....
I wonder if you can get an lhm sprung trailer....
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Hmmmm C5 Estate trailer.......... NO mustn't go there........
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Hmmm maybe the back end of a xantia converted then....
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
GO AWAY.......you're giving me ideas
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
I'm good at that!!!
A nice c5 pump, some lds and power from the fridge power on a 12s socket and jobs a good en!
A nice c5 pump, some lds and power from the fridge power on a 12s socket and jobs a good en!
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Yeah, to good...........
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
Can I get one as well? Made from the back of a c5 estate made I to a mini caravan. 
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: V6 Xantia......... the beginning of another adventure
And you can shush too.......
Changing the subject back, the towbar arrived this morning, complete with dual electric sockets, two ball, Citroën two ball cover and plugs on the electric cables...... happy days.
Although I'm going to need to grind the old bolts out before I fit it, as they are rusted solid and the breakers cut the chassis to get the bar off...... oh well.... something to do next weekend.
Changing the subject back, the towbar arrived this morning, complete with dual electric sockets, two ball, Citroën two ball cover and plugs on the electric cables...... happy days.
Although I'm going to need to grind the old bolts out before I fit it, as they are rusted solid and the breakers cut the chassis to get the bar off...... oh well.... something to do next weekend.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php