I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by CitroJim »

It's good to see YAPP in a different setting Neil :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

At least it proves that the YAPP van moves Jim, so no 1 point deduction for a non-mover from me.

Maybe it was in for its 100,000 mile service :) although the kilometre-age when you look at the very brief details on some Leboncoin offres for H Vans, gives the impression that the average Citroen H Van didn't pile on the motorway miles, and just pootled about from home to village and back :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

The more you look the more you find

For forum Members from North Wales, you may come across this H-Van in the vicinity of Conwy.

The proprietors have the Providero Tea and Coffee House in Llandudno Junction near Conwy North Wales

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:At least it proves that the YAPP van moves Jim, so no 1 point deduction for a non-mover from me.
I have seen YAPP moving Neil. I caught it one day driving into the layby where it spends most days...

I go past the layby on the A303 quite frequently...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Random Links

I like a bit of random linkage, and discovering Providero Fine Teas and Coffees and their Citroen H Van, led to an unexpected connection.

Mentioning Conwy in Wales to my dad as a result of finding out about Providero, he told us that Conwy (Conway?) was where his dad was stationed for a time in WW1.

That's probably going to send me off on a different route now, probably having a look at the records of the Durham Light Infantry to see if I can find out more :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I love random links liken that Neil, which is why I'm always happy for threads to drift off-topic. Some most interesting stuff emerges that way...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Cedric-The Citroen Bread Shop

If you are fortunate enough to live in Saxmundham, Ipswich, or Hacheston you may be familiar with Cedric the Citroen Bread Van.

For the rest of us I think this video is worth 1 minute and 9 seconds of viewing time

I am sure Big Chief I-Spy would concur with me that a genuine spot of Cedric with photographic evidence would qualify for an additional points score.

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Rescued from Milton Keynes!

Here's one which may just be seen Nottinghamshire/Yorkshire/Lincolnshire/Derbyshire

Cafe Classique

As is says in the blurb on the website, the van was discovered in Milton Keynes not the bustling streets of Paris :)

A coffee and a slice of victoria sandwich cake would keep you going for a bit :)

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

And here is another nice pair from Oswestry

Andrew and Anne Bennett from Llansilin near Oswestry rent out H-Vans, unfortunately not for self-drive hire, but mainly for media, film and promotional work.

This is a very nice bright and colourful pair from their stable. More info here

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

i had forgotten about one Van i had seen on a motoring site i view frequently,
not in the sort of place you would expect either, but remarkably Stylish!!!
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/03/dro ... k-citroen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
NewcastleFalcon

Timmo's Japanese H-Van

Thanks for the link Timmo-Here is a taster

What do you reckon this unusual object is?

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

If you are out and about in the Bath Area you may spot this van from "IceCreamEvents"

Of course if you frequent the Beaufort Polo Club you may have seen it already! and maybe have had a 99 with Prince William!

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh Neil, this is turning into a feast, nay banquet of H Vans :-D

Most of them seem to sell feasts these days too :-D
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There's a programme on CBeebies (I know.... but I DO have young children!) called I Can Cook on the Go - the (easy on the eye :lol: ) presenter drives an H Van (well probably not actually, but you know what I mean!) I thought perhaps it was one of the two posted above, but the colour is wrong.

Appears to have been done by these guys: http://www.evotechcomposites.co.uk/our- ... contracts/
Richard W
NewcastleFalcon

Richard

Excellent contribution, and anyone who sees "Horace" in the flesh can expect a shedload of points from me. Looks like the Beeb are still not fully embracing product placement, because they have removed Horace's chevrons from his nose :) Mind you those seats look a little too padded, and colourful for the HVan purist, but if I had one I reckon I would have to do something similar.

Not quite managed the full 14 minutes of the video yet!

Jim

We've been up on a trip to Melrose today in the Scottish Borders, beautiful day, nice morning coffee and cake, lovely walk down through the woods at Old Melrose with stunning views of the River Tweed, a nice pub lunch at the Ship Inn and a cream tea at Kelso on the way back. Top quality day. So why did I bother taking a picture of an old radio at Old Melrose Tea Rooms

Guess I was just playing I-Spy Old Radios................

Anyway heres a more conventional aide-memoire of a good day out

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 26 May 2014, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey