I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Re: I-Spy Citroen H Vans (aka HY/TUBE etc)

Post by old'uns »

oooh...the lure of a 51 :lol:

off to France on the 24th for 7 weeks, surely i've got to spot a good 'un amongst all the Supercars at the 24 & Classic 8-[
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Just in case the thread is inspiring thoughts of giving a good home to a rescued Citroen H Van I found this quite sobering
buyers guide

I am sure there are ways round it, but remanufactured correct spec tyres at nearly £330 a tyre......ouch!

You would have to sell an awful lot of "Balls in a bap" to pay for those

regards
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

If there are any well-heeled forum members, looking to bag 50 points for an H-Van spot you could do worse than head to the May meeting at Ascot today.

If you get peckish you could always try some "balls in a bap" from the cheeky Italian!

Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture...........

I think I can safely offer 999 points for a genuine "Cheeky Italian" spot today :)

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Wait a minute, what are the chances of a forum member, being at Ascot, spotting the "cheeky Italian', possibly dining on balls in a bap, and taking a picture......
I'll not be for sure. I have a prior engagement at a Vintage Wireless Show today..

Plus I'd rather my balls stayed in their natural place and not in a bap!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Is this the type of thing you will be perusing Jim

Have a good day out, and let us know what you spot along the way :)

Regards
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Would it be classed as Cheating if I were to drive 20 mins up the road to the St Columb warehouse for letubestastion sellers on ebay??? ;-) ;-) ;-)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
NewcastleFalcon

Not cheating at all.....................initiative :) ..........go for it, post the pictures up and see if you can get ahead of me (stalled at 200 at the moment and the North East has pretty much been exhausted. It would be a very long drive for me to Cornwall to catch up. Still I could always try to come up with some feeble excuse for docking points from your spots!

I had a look at LeTubeStation If you look at their "Delivery" tab you get the impression that there's some major Citroen H industry going on, and France is getting bled dry of all its H Vans, and they are all heading this side of the channel.

Citroen H Vans escaping from France

The website does not give much info as to where LeTubeStation is, the landline no is St Austell as far as I can work out, but you have tracked down a warehouse to St Columb.

Look like there are other players in the H-Van importing business.

Hvanworld-near Dorking Surrey

Now if you could guarantee business every day like this......................maybe, just maybe you could talk yourself into taking the plunge

regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 11 May 2014, 22:36, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Yeah I had noticed that between them and another place up the line they were seeking All the hvans in existence,!
They say on the ebay ads the depot/warehouse is st columb way,may sneak out for a nose! Not sure how many they keep there as a fair few of them seem to be stored in france, maybe a case of keep them there then ship them over when interest is enough?
I'd dearly Love one though, pop in the extra seats for the children, and plenty of space for chucking the bike in the back! ;-)
Now, thinking here, am Sure at Goodwood revival there was a H / HY van set up as a period bike display bus??
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
NewcastleFalcon

The Goodwood Revival would be an excellent habitat for H Van spotting. I think this must be the one you were talking about Timmo

regards
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Citroen H I-Spy-Helpful Hints! (Norfolk)

Any forum members from Norfolk?

Your chance to register your first 50 points, this coming weekend May 17th/May 18th at Mannington Hall

You may just spot the appropriately named "Hushwing Café"

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Is this the type of thing you will be perusing Jim

Have a good day out, and let us know what you spot along the way :)
Thanks Neil, that's lovely and the wireless isn't bad either..

I bought three more to add to the collection but rather newer than the one in the picture. I tend to get VHF sets that can still be used as daily drivers. I'm currently listening to PM on on right now. In stereo no less :)

Spotting was not bad. I was the only XM there but we spotted a lovely 1.9TD SX Xantia - a late S1 of indeterminate age as it was wearing a private plate. I've seen it there in previous years.

Also was a gorgeous Pug 405 STDT on a K plate.. Very desirable...

Lovely new H Van pictures 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Jim

I was listening to Simon Mayo on Radio 2 on the drive home today, and imagine my surprise when the word "MarconiPhone" came across the airwaves :) There was a discussion going on with one of his guests with listeners chipping in mainly waxing nostalgically about "RadioGrams". For more youthful forum members-this is a "radiogram" (a Marconiphone Model 4362 to be precise).

Yet another case of the I-Spy Book on the dashboard at Morrisons I feel........I mean......how many times in the history of the world has the word "Marconiphone" been heard on radio 2 drivetime, and not much more than 24 hrs since I put up that poster :?: :!:

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My youngest daughter has a very similar one that was my dad's and loves it - despite having a much more modern and upmarket stereo too.
NewcastleFalcon

Its great that they are still getting used :) . Ours was a huge piece of heavy furniture with the radio in the middle, LP storage, the turntable, and a compartment for a good old reel to reel tape that weighed a ton! I have a feeling it came from Callers in the town before it expired.

If you look back in this thread Steve you will see that I have re-used two pics of H-Vans contributed by you in the "Spotted Xantia's(and other French Stuff)" thread, one of which was "The Cheeky Italian", but as I understand it both were spotted "down South" by your son.

Maintaining the discipline expected by Big Chief I-Spy, your current Citroen H Van spotting score therefore remains at "Nul Points" for now, with 50 waiting for picture evidence of a genuine H-Van spot of your own :)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It is a very long time since I personally saw an H-van other than at the rally in Kettering last year, which doesn't really count.
Did see one on Newcastle quayside some years ago.

Don't remember now if it was London or Brighton that my son spotted it and no I wasn't going to claim any points.