I have a Xantia S2 V6

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
Northern_Mike

Re: I have a Xantia S2 V6

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

Today, due to the old battery clamp being broken, I fitted one of the Halfords quick-release types, after ruining one of their heavy duty ones (and having it refunded)

Twas a complete and utter ballache getting the 4 wires into the small clasp. So much so, I found some much longer screws than it came with, clamped it down, then cut the screws off with the dremel so it would close properly. Might do the negative one if I can be arsed before it's sold..

Northern_Mike

Well I have a nice gent from Bristol coming to view it and hopefully buy it on Monday, so it'll be goodbye from me if it goes.

Don't need two cars for now, and a friend is selling an Audi TT at the end of June, so I'll have a play with that for a couple of months, maybe more. Good luck most!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Northern_Mike

superloopy wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:Well I have a nice gent from Bristol coming to view it and hopefully buy it on Monday, so it'll be goodbye from me if it goes.

Don't need two cars for now, and a friend is selling an Audi TT at the end of June, so I'll have a play with that for a couple of months, maybe more. Good luck most!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
If mine wasn't so far north I bet he'd have taken her instead:
Nope.. one of the specific question asked I believe was about the heater matrix :-P

The gearbox in mine is fine, but then it's had some fluid changes. Others may or may not.
Northern_Mike

Anyway, thanks to all for the help over the years, this is my last post, I'm having someone change my password, there'll be no more replies from me.

Mods - http://www.dataguidance.com/dataguidanc ... sp?id=2119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please make sure any reference to my location or contact details are gone from the forum....

Good luck :-)
Mandrake

Unread post by Mandrake »

What happened ? Did I miss something ? :?
Simon

2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1978 CX 2400
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Unread post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:Don't think so .... decision made to leave and he went!
He did but we'll always fondly remember him...

I miss his posts greatly...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by lexi »

Decision to go? Go where?
You cannot escape French cars? They are everywhere.

Mike: NEVER say...........that is it!. It is like being sick with the drink and saying ,"oh my head! never again". :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

HE IS BACK!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Yeah, and I'm never drinking again after last weekend's exploits including a football match at the Madjeski, a van ride back into town, drinks in The Three Guineas by the station, then drinks in Copa (Kings Road, overlooking the Kennet), then a lock-in in the Lyndhurst until (-expletive removed-) knows what time. I arrived home much the worse for wear at about 3:40am...

Woke up without a hangover! Sneezed, burst a blood vessel in my nose and spent 3 days in hospital..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

I have no idea what you went through, but my cousin Robert might. Quite some time back he had a bad case of splitting headaches. Upon investigation, the following operation removed a growth the size of a plum tomato from his sinuses.

Not sure where Copa is, but I know of the other 3. The Lyndhurst is only a mile from me.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Northern_Mike

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I have no idea what you went through, but my cousin Robert might. Quite some time back he had a bad case of splitting headaches. Upon investigation, the following operation removed a growth the size of a plum tomato from his sinuses.

Not sure where Copa is, but I know of the other 3. The Lyndhurst is only a mile from me.
I think the Copa is now called the Outlook, it's on Kings Road on the right coming away from town and has a terrace over the river, so, rather obviously, it is where Kings Road goes over the river...

Mine was a nosebleed that wouldn't stop. I managed to sort of stop it, went back to sleep, it started again. Waited an hour or so, went to A&E. I had a balloon thing stuffed up my nose and inflated (weird!) then they tried to put a cannula in as I might need a transfusion as I looked pale and they thought I'd lost a lot of blood. Of course, 12 pints of Guinness, 3 Jagerbombs and a quantity of rum, with 4 hours sleep and no food after would make anyone look pale..... anyway, I refused to let them as I knew from experience I hadn't lost that much (and all the blood tests and BP tests proved me right). They kept me in overnight as I had the balloon thing up there. I shared a room with a bad snorer and a poor guy with cancer who sounded like Darth Vader (tracheotomy) so I slept just wonderfully - I get terribly stressed in hospitals anyway. Anyway, saw a doctor on bank holiday Monday, she wanted the thing to stay up my nose for at least another 12 hours, so that was me in on Monday night as well.

As I went for a shower on Tuesday morning with the thing up my nose, I happened across my expensive private surgeon, who also does NHS stuff, doing his rounds in the Royal Berks ENT. He seemed most surprised to see me standing in front of him with the thing up the nostril he used to operate on my sinuses.... remember I've been back to see him countless times for the pain, and had a CT and MRI scan since the op. He said "oh, Mr. Pearson, I'll catch up with you later"... I simply started at him and said "I told you it was (-expletive removed-) sore" and walked off. I did not see him again, another ENT doctor came and took it out, had a look up there, then decided it needed cauterizing, so I had that to put up with - not painful as they stuck a load of spray anaesthesia up there. Left me about 4 hours to check it really had stopped, then sent me home. It hurt a lot when the spray wore off though!

I have not bought another French car. I have a DRK in bits on the drive with a knackered wheel cylinder. That's bad enough. I have to fix it by Wednesday or I can't get to work!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

According to Google you are right; the Copa is now The Outlook.

OUCH!!!

If you need a spare pair of hands with the DRK I am available (albeit inexperienced, so I don't know if I would be of help or hindrance).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Northern_Mike

Hell Razor5543 wrote:According to Google you are right; the Copa is now The Outlook.

OUCH!!!

If you need a spare pair of hands with the DRK I am available (albeit inexperienced, so I don't know if I would be of help or hindrance).
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with it. It's got drum brakes on it that are almost as old as me. I need a wheel cylinder for it. That's after I've taken the hub off the carrier because all the bolts are seized holding the cylinder on, and inaccessible...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

I still have a can of Plus Gas.

Where to the wheels originally come from? I mean, what type of car? It could be worth popping to the scrappy to find a donor.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Northern_Mike

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I still have a can of Plus Gas.

Where to the wheels originally come from? I mean, what type of car? It could be worth popping to the scrappy to find a donor.
Renault 4. Good luck with finding one of them in a scrapyard. The parts aren't actually rare at all and easy to get new. It's just that I need it fixed to take me to work on Wednesday morning!

The actual wheels themselves are early 80s Speedline Alloys that seem to have been an option on the R4 and R5 with the 3-stud hubs.