I have a Xantia S2 V6

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Northern_Mike

Re: I have a Xantia S2 V6

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, off to Citronut Malcolm's tomorrow for pipe fun.

I've put 22 litres of 97RON in it as an experiment. Lets see how much difference that makes to the economy. I'll drive in the style I've been driving it most of the time - using cruise at every available opportunity, not breaking speed limits.

I've only put 22 litres in in case we have to drop the tank for some reason tomorrow, at least it'll be reasonably empty if we do.
Last edited by Northern_Mike on 20 Mar 2014, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

superloopy wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:
superloopy wrote:Welcome back then ... even though i doubt you'll be around for long. 'Weird random problems' have an attractiveness to genuine citroen enthusiasts
I'd be willing to bet money that I've owned more Citroëns over more years than most people on this forum, as well as having a former life as a dealer trained mechanic. If that doesn't make me a genuine enthusiast, I don't know what does. I've just got better things to do with my spare time these days, like play with the kids or do non-car related stuff, or travel. People tend to forget we only have one shot at life and I'm damned if I'm spending it stressing about weird random problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
..... and you went and bought a V6 Xantia! Have fun ... until it breaks!!
You're perhaps mixing me up with someone who is right in the head..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Safe journey, and happy spannering!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

superloopy wrote:Now why do i doubt that!
:rofl2:

I have noted, our of interest, there are a lot of Mikes and Malcolms who like these odd French cars.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, a nice smooth drive down to St. Leonards today.

Airbox off to get at the bleed screw, not difficult (putting it back on was a pig though)

Malcolm's skillful (and daring) use of a blowtorch had the old pipe out of the K-piece in short order.

He then created the new pipe with joiners thus - posting this for anyone who may have the same problem. The pipe goes through the hole, over the subframe, doubles back on itself.. twice, then goes to the tray up to the front. The pipe can be pulled out and cut, then joined above the subframe, and then routed back a similar way as you can see.

and the magician at work..

Malcolm has been brilliant sorting all this out for me, can't thank him enough!

MOT retest tomorrow. All should now be well. Then, just rear window electrics to sort out, the indicator and the aircon.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Now with 12 months MOT and no advisories.

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

:-D :-D :-D

Great!!!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Result ;-).

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Fantastic :)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Yes, thanks to James Hellrazor and Citronut Malcolm for their wonderful help, and to Chris570 and missing CitroJim for doing some rooting around old subframes to discover where that pipe went. Much appreciated guys, couldn't have done it without you.

Just went to GSF to buy some LHM in celebration. Whilst in there Sam spotted a "Guide to events at Santa Pod" leaflet. Looks like we are going to the Big Bang (Dragsters, Monster Trucks, other motorised entertainment etc) in April now.

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Good work Mike (and Malc!). Did you run it new all the way to the front in the end?

Let me know the outcome of the AC test - new 307 arrives on Sat, so ready with the spanners when you know what you need....
Richard W
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

No, there's a couple of pictures up there ^ in this thread. In the end Malcolm chopped the last 9 inches or so off the pipe, used a joiner and fresh pipe and put it all back. I went under the ramp with the tester, explained what had been done and he was more than happy with it.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

A genuine 32.2mpg off my calculations. It might be a tiny bit more, but I'm not prepared to run it any lower this time. It did run dry on me, I put fuel in, and the needle is now on the bottom, not even rising from the stopper. The fuel used works out at 32.2mpg if it were dry *now*, which it isn't.. So, I'm quite impressed with that as while I have not been teararsing about, I've not been driving in a fuel saving mode either. It's better than I ever got out of an Activa, apart from one 65mph cruise ip the motorway.

This mileage was brought to you by BP standard 95 RON cheapo petrol at 128.9p per litre. It'll be getting Sainsbury's stuff next, as the petrol station is by the office.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

According to this item, Sainsburys is using fuel supplied by BP;

http://uk.ask.com/question/who-supplies ... y-s-petrol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

This is why I personally feel there is little difference between branded and supermarket fuel. It's really, really never made a difference in any of the cars, petrol or diesel, that I've owned. When I went down to Malcolm's, I put BP 97 RON in the car, trundled round the M25 and down the A21 (long 50 zone on the M25, slow moving traffic previous - 40/50mph) and still only got 33mpg out of it.