Citroen C5 Audio problems

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Aryo

Citroen C5 Audio problems

Post by Aryo »

Hi Guys,

I have a Citroen C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive with NaviDrive (not the 3D). The audio systems does something weird I couldn't find out why.

The audio on the left side sound good. On the right side the volume is slightly lower than on the left side. After a while the volume
on the right side goes equal to the left. After a while again, the volume goes down again. I might think about a connection failure
but not sure. My other guess is the Parrot CK 3000 BT device. I don't use it, my phone is not paired with it.

What do you think? Did any of you recognised something similar to my problem?

Regards,
Balázs
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Citroen C5 Audio problems

Post by vborovic »

I'm guessing you have the latest C5 (2008 - ), can you identify your navigation unit (there are 4 different ones that can be in the car) on the following link: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/peugeot ... s-psa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... then we can start from there ...
Aryo

Post by Aryo »

Hi,

I got this kind of nav unit ...

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/attachm ... 670194.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

That should be the RT4/RT5, don't know which one exactly ... I'd start by checking the cables in the rear (connect & reconnect), you need to pull the nav unit out (there are some specific keys/handles that exist to unlock and pull out the unit) ... I'll try to find the user manual for it, maybe a soft reset would help (if it is not a hardware related problem).
Aryo

Post by Aryo »

Thanks.