Something for the XM fans

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Something for the XM fans

Post by Timmo »

So, this afternoon whilst on ebay my head suggested to me i look for 'touring cars', probably due to Touring car legends being on itv4 t'other night, got me thinking about other models, and more specifically Loeb's Xsara as i got one free with Rally XS subscription Donkeys years ago!
So under 'Solido' up popped Loads of various Citroen's, h vans, 2cv's, etc. And then i saw these two!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-XM-1- ... 2a375c6892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLIDO-REF-85 ... 35d19b5239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nicely detailed too and both look the same, it did occur to me that much more searching of the pages could be quite Costly! hahahah!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
PhilGreaves

Re: Something for the XM fans

Post by PhilGreaves »

there was the much rarer blue 'actua city' version for sale in the past few months on ebay. Didn't bid as it got to silly money and I have the silver one.

The solido xm is a very good model though the seller is wrong. The model was available through the dealer network to anyone who wanted to buy one not just buyers of xms! I know as my dad bought me mine from a dealer nr Scottish border...I've still got it tucked away keeping company with a 1/18 xantia and a 'few' others. Haven't got the h van and not sure id touch either of those xms as they are both damaged. Unles you buy both very cheaply and make one good model- I think they're screwed together.

The 2cv model is alright but the solido 1/18 ds model is quite fun as there is a suspension lever to alter the ride height!! prefer the older solido to a lot of the modern stuff saying that I keep thinking about buying a cx prestige mk 2 model but I digress...
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive