Amazing results from Shell V power diesel?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

isisalar
My Cars:

Amazing results from Shell V power diesel?

Post by isisalar »

Hi guys
Very often use V power, the engine seems to run better. Put in £30 yesterday into a pretty empty tank. Two problems remaining on the car are no.1 injector ticking, but not as bad as the previous one, and the passenger air bag light, which came on last winter, when I attempted to jump start the wife's 106.
Yesterday, in an attempt to get the engine oil as hot as possible, prior to an oil change, I drove the car in second gear at 4000rpm for about 1/2 mile, probably the hardest it has been driven since I got it.
As well as getting things nice and hot, the injector has stopped ticking and the engine is now running like a dream! Might treat it to some injector cleaner now too.
Even better the air bag light has gone off too! I'll keep my fingers crossed on that.
The Italian tune up I can understand, but the air bag light? The alternator was changed in the summer as the previous one had been getting a light shower of LHM for some time and had failed, maybe relevant?
Hopefully get it fully serviced today.
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Amazing results from Shell V power diesel?

Post by Xaccers »

Airbag light could be the contacts under your seat and they've shifted so now working, Cassy's has started doing that.
V-Power is diesel with some synthetic diesel (so extra clean) and injector cleaner all mixed together so I'm not surprised it's helped with the injector.
Cassy much prefers v-power when I give her some fossil fuels rather than her usual vegetarian diet. (that's vegetable oil, I don't liquidise vegetarians and pour them in her fuel tank, although there was a film about that)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
KP
My Cars:

Re: Amazing results from Shell V power diesel?

Post by KP »

probably the 2nd gear run has done the work with the increased cylinder temps cleaning lots of crud off :)