Couriers, and Non-delivery: Comments invited

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Couriers, and Non-delivery: Comments invited

Post by Xaccers »

That's so tragic Steve.

We have a lovely postman, I think he's Spanish, always polite and will wait for us to dash down stairs on a Saturday morning if he's got a parcel that's too large or needs something signing for.
The depot are also very helpful over at Kiln Farm if they're holding a parcel for us. Unfortunately with me now working in London all week we can only get over there on Saturdays.

It's companies using DPD that I despise. Their depot is an hour's drive away, you can't speak to a human being, so a real PITA if you want to pick up your parcel because you won't be in all week.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Andy F
My Cars:

Post by Andy F »

I fitted a cat flap to our front door for the moggies as we only have a sliding patio door out back. This has the useful by product of being a bigger letterbox so all the clothes Mrs F orders online can be put through it with no nuisance collections at depots. Won't help for a tyre though...
1999 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 Estate
2001 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 LX
1999 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi 90
1983 T25 VW camper
1994 Mini 1275 35th Anniversary Edition - sold
2007 C8 2.0 HDi 136 Exclusive - sold
Previous AXs
1987 11RE
1987 11TRE
1995 Dimension
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

Get a bigger cat :P
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Right guys, really p**d off.

The item hasn't been delivered, and there's no trace of it - had no contact from either the courier or the Seller. Had opened a case with eBay once I discovered it had supposedly been delivered, so last night I "escalated" the case with eBay's Customer Support. In the early hours of this morning, eBay have replied to say that they've decided in favour of the Seller, as the courier reported the item was delivered to my address. I have appealed this decision, asking for refund, on basis of non-delivery. No evidence has been provided as to where it was delivered, or who signed for it.

Presuming the appeal is rejected, where do I go from here? We're talking of an item (wheel & tyre) for which I paid £40. Any advice gratefully received. Citizen's Advice? Being retired, I have the spare time to go to the Small Claims Court - bit of hassle, but a learning curve. I assume that my contract is with the Seller, and that it is the Seller that I would have to take to court.

Don't see why I should accept this lying down :? :(
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Before doing anything more I suggest closing your PP account. Can't be too safe...

If Fleabay are taking responsibility for the adjudication, I would see them as first target.

There are a lot of negative people when it comes to pursuing legitimate claims; a lot of Chicken Little type stories and fears. My urging is to not sweat something that can't be suitably explained or quantified as it's too ethereal for concern.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I ordered a USB hub and an MP3 player from eBay on the 16th.
USB hub arrived on the 20th. MP3 player hasn't been seen.
Yesterday I sent a message to the seller (via eBay).
I had a response from eBay after five minutes that the seller was going to refund the purchase price (free delivery).
Three minutes after that I had a message from PayPal to say the money was back in my account.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

The problem I seem to have is that the goods has been recorded as "carded" and "delivered", in CityLink's tracking information, although this is totally false/made up/fabricated.

Having escalated the issue with eBay, but lost the case, I then "appealed" the decision. Received a nice polite reply, but basically saying I should be checking with neighbours, and with the courier myself. Already done the checks as soon as I realised the goods was missing, and also reported the non-delivery to City Link. eBay just keep saying that's it been reported as delivered so nothing more they can do. I'm the innocent party in all this, yet it seems I'm expected to bear the loss! Not my fault!

In two minds as to whether to take the Seller to Small Claims Court, as he included the free P & P (maybe pulling in eBay as they have adjudicated against my claim), or just to accept the loss, put it behind me, and be a lot more careful about what I buy off eBay in the future
Martin

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

This is what Small Claims is for. Why not use it?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Xantidote wrote:The problem I seem to have is that the goods has been recorded as "carded" and "delivered", in CityLink's tracking information, although this is totally false/made up/fabricated.

Having escalated the issue with eBay, but lost the case, I then "appealed" the decision. Received a nice polite reply, but basically saying I should be checking with neighbours, and with the courier myself. Already done the checks as soon as I realised the goods was missing, and also reported the non-delivery to City Link. eBay just keep saying that's it been reported as delivered so nothing more they can do. I'm the innocent party in all this, yet it seems I'm expected to bear the loss! Not my fault!

In two minds as to whether to take the Seller to Small Claims Court, as he included the free P & P (maybe pulling in eBay as they have adjudicated against my claim), or just to accept the loss, put it behind me, and be a lot more careful about what I buy off eBay in the future
Thing is, if he has proof of delivery from City Link, then how would you win the case?

What you need to do is get City Link to provide you with the proof and take it up with them, ask them for their complaints procedure and follow it.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Xac, Thanks for your input

Many years ago, I intended using the Small Claims Court, but having set out my costs claim, the other party paid up. Investigating today, I find the government's system & costs are somewhat different, and for claims of less than £300, it would cost me £25 on-line, otherwise £35, so makes it rather futile when my lost delivery was £40 :(

I've already followed your suggestion to take up the matter with City-Link - their depot's published 0844 phone number takes me to a call-centre, and I've already spoken with them twice, and subsequently submitted an on-line complaint. The on-line complaint seemed to fall on deaf ears - no response or even an acknowledgement. What I really would like to see is the signature the driver obtained on delivery, but I question what co-operation I'd get from City-Link if I drove the 15-20 odd miles to the depot, and demanded to see the signature. My suspicion is that both the card & goods were delivered to a totally wrong address, or the driver was running late and made it all up, throwing the goods (with delivery address removed) into a convenient skip.

Hopefully anyone who has followed this thread will be a little the wiser, and more alert to the pitfalls of buying over the internet when a delivery service is needed. Have to say, I've bought a few items on the internet, and expect I'll continue to do so, though you can't beat collecting the goods yourself.

MORAL: don't use City-Link
Martin