retro fit cruise control xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

meexi
My Cars:

retro fit cruise control xantia

Post by meexi »

Hi,
I have seen in the picasso forums that they have retro fitted to there hdi`s can it be done on my 1999 xantia hdi just as simply as fitting the switch and telling the ECU that the switch is there?
meexi
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I don't think so. I fitted a cruise control kit to my BX about ten years ago, and when I got my Xantia 2.1 new 1998 I had a kit fitted by Easycruise of Kidderminster. Long distance driving becomes very relaxed.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

If you're lucky the wiring may be in place if cruise control was an option on the HDi but I can't say for sure, but you would need all the other gubbins.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

You may be lucky, I've heard that all VAG TDI's after a certain date have CC built into the ECU, and it's just a matter of fitting a switch and turning the function on.
The more things are computerised nowadays, the more they're becoming like the old IBM computer kit, you pay an engineer to install something, all he does is come out and flick a switch in the box, and charge you a fortune !
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

When I had cruise fitted to my Berlingo all that was required was the switch and a ECU re-programme. However when I tried to get the Picasso done it wasn't possible as apparently models built after something like 2003 have a different ECU system and steering column wiring.
This is despite both of them having a 'fly by wire' throttle.
The other problem you will no doubt encounter is that the only Xantias fitted with cruise from the factory were petrol autos.
To get it done I believe you will be looking requiring the 'old type' cruise control of a second accelerator cable attached to a motor which pulls on the throttle to maintain a constant speed, according to a speed sensor etc.