stalk stick

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

koppite34

stalk stick

Post by koppite34 »

I have xara Picasso 03 and been told stalk stick for my indicators and lights is faulty because my instrument light panel goes out my lights come on indicators and hazard dont work how much new one and to fit?
Thanks
mike
lasthope1967

Re: stalk stick

Post by lasthope1967 »

I have same prob,but not as bad,,seen a post on here some place were if you drive with side lights on it stops it,,my one only goes off if I turn right or left,,when it goes I get my light icon on dash and horn not work,have alook on ebay for the stalk,
xsara Picasso hdi 2.0-------- 2003
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I recently fixed one by spraying maintenance spray into it while moving the stalk about, the auto elecs swore the car needed a fusebox.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
lasthope1967

Post by lasthope1967 »

just drove from durham to Newcastle and back with side lights on no probs
xsara Picasso hdi 2.0-------- 2003
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The stalk is part of the "Comms" unit. There are a number of variations; it's important to get one that matches your car's control configuration (eg: foglights, rear wipe/wash etc).

To replace is not simple; the battery must be disconnected a good fifteen minutes before any work is done, then you remove the driver's airbag, then the steering wheel, then the comms unit. Pay attention to the new unit, that the tiny little triangles on the centre rotating ring, perfectly align with the fixed arrows. This means the ribbon connector is correctly set to dead ahead.