Heater not working in Saxo 1.5sxd

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

compbuild

Heater not working in Saxo 1.5sxd

Post by compbuild »

Hi guys,
The blow heater isn't working in my girlfriends Saxo 1.5sxd, What is the problem likely to be, anyhting I should be checking before taking it into a garage?
Thanks
Jon

Post by Jon »

This is quite common on the Saxo range. Provided the fuse etc is OK you can test the heater motor by disconnecting it and putting a live feed to it. If it works then the fault is usually with the Ignition switch, which has become overloaded and will need replacing.
compbuild

Post by compbuild »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

This is quite common on the Saxo range. Provided the fuse etc is OK you can test the heater motor by disconnecting it and putting a live feed to it. If it works then the fault is usually with the Ignition switch, which has become overloaded and will need replacing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Do you mean the ignition switch to start the car?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

no need to replace the ignition switch. check this thread - http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... ion,switch
compbuild

Post by compbuild »

Thanks Wheeler, the thing is the fans are working but there is no heat coming out, the rear window heater isn't working though maybe I should gave this a try, is it easy enough for a complete beginner to attempt
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if the blower motor still works then i doubt this is the problem.
is there plenty of coolant in the system ? have any of the cables on the mixer flaps come off ?
compbuild

Post by compbuild »

Where are the mixer flaps?
compbuild

Post by compbuild »

Anyone know where the mixer flaps are?