405 temp guage fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trafic9
My Cars:

405 temp guage fault

Post by trafic9 »

having got our peugeot 405 dt, we have found out it is has a fault with the temp sender unit.we have changed the one where the top hose from the readiator leads from.i have located another one that is situated on the radiator.can anyone tell me if this is one too.its situated on the right hand side of the radiator as you look in the engine bay
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

the radiator one should be the sensor that tells the fan to cut in, take off the plug and short it with the ignition on and if the fan comes on just replace the sensor. under normal operating the temperature will go up to just over 90 degrees before the fan turns on.
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

The one on the radiator is possibly the fan switch to cool the radiator. Check by disconnecting, and if I remember rightly there will be 3 contacts on as I believe the fan has 2 speeds for cooling (on my '92 diesel)
If you short curcuit the leads the fan will switch on.
I would IMAGINE if it is another sender for temp scale then the scale needle will go to max.
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

Oops, two typing at the same time, only I use just ONE finger.
Good luck!
trafic9
My Cars:

Post by trafic9 »

thanks to you all.had our beloved car to garage and found out its got serious electrical faults on wiring loom.getting fixed soon