49.99 aircon recharge from.dealer plus £14.99 for antibacter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

49.99 aircon recharge from.dealer plus £14.99 for antibacter

Post by boristhespie »

So need to aircon recharged amongst others. Was quoted £49.99 for recharge and £14.99 for antibacteria which now that they mention it I may need cause it's smelly.

Is this a decent price. I've avoided dealers for a few years but I aint going to kwik fit.

Edit: just saw Halfords do bacterial cleanse for 3.99 and 9.99 for charging with their products.
C'est pas possible!
CGATCX25GTITURBO
Location: IN FRONT OF THE LAP TOP Residing in Hull, East Yorks
My Cars:

Re: 49.99 aircon recharge from.dealer plus £14.99 for antiba

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

boristhespie wrote:So need to aircon recharged amongst others. Was quoted £49.99 for recharge and £14.99 for antibacteria which now that they mention it I may need cause it's smelly.

Is this a decent price. I've avoided dealers for a few years but I aint going to kwik fit.

Edit: just saw Halfords do bacterial cleanse for 3.99 and 9.99 for charging with their products.
I have the halfords charge it yourself kit, the car still wasn't as cold as it should be. Maybe because the car hasn't been looked at for a while.

I haven't seen eye to eye with kwik fit since they told me (my just dealer serviced Berlingo) needs pads and tyres for its MOT, the tyres were 7mm and the pads new :) I sent their hq a few pictures and they gave my a few vouchers. Armed with these it would have the the air con service 25 quid. So I turns up off spec, at 16:30 as they quote no need to book, I was told it should take an hour only to be told we have no gas! My guess it was close to home time and they wanted to be on a flyer, just as I was about to be miffed, the manager sorry for the inconvenience, well call it 40 quid to do it if I could come back in the morning. I did just that, making an appointment for 09:00, turning up at 08:30 as they opened they tookt he car straight in, not making me wait untill 09:00.

They let me watch the operation and explained what the machine did as it did it during the 40 mins it took. It took and measured the contents on the sytem out, checked for leaks then re filled the oil and refrigerant... result ice cold aircon again :) all for £15...
Neil aka CGAT
1986 CX25 GTI TURBO 1 SERIES 2 'CGAT'
1998 XANTIA 19TD ESTATE
1987 BX19 GTI 8V
2012 Citroen DS3
1997 600 Bandit
2000 ZX12R from new
1989 CX GTI Turbo 62k miles in a barn since 2001, project started 2023.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

I charge £40 + vat for a regas, so that price is about right. You cannot do it correctly with a can from Halfords .
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Never had any luck with the cans from Halfrauds.

I usually try to get mine regassed in the winter as most places do it for half price.
Groupon/Living Social/MonsterDeals often have regas vouchers for £14.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Lighty wrote:You cannot do it correctly with a can from Halfords .
Couldn't agree with that more, you could end up doing more damage to the system with those DIY kits as to do it properly you need to vacuum the system to boil off any moisture in there, if you just top it up & the system has moisture in there you will pump it round the whole system. Also you have no idea how much refrigerant is in there to begin with & you may overfill it.
Also £50 sounds like a decent price to me.