creaking at front

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

b21playa

creaking at front

Post by b21playa »

i can hear creaking when i take the car off the erb and when on full lock sometimes
any ideas
i thought it might be ball joints, and further light???
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

Dude, is this all still the same car? Why on Earth did you buy it? [}:)][;)]
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Had this on our ZX - needed a new rear wishbone bush on the front N/S - the old one was totally knackered. New bushes were about £20, but a new arm was only £33, and that came with a new ball joint as well.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The wifes Renault had this sound aswell. It was the Anti roll bar bushes. Replaced by the dealer. But still cheap the buy.
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by batwad</i>

Dude, is this all still the same car? Why on Earth did you buy it? [}:)][;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
cuz i got it cheap
so far inc repairs it was cost me £150 and thats including the new ball joints i bought today
i will fit them and then find out if it sorts the problem
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

replaced the ball joint today and its not that, the old one is still good, so theres £10 wasted
anyway i held the wheel at 9 and 3 and there was play but i have no idea where is it
any ideas?
snoble80
My Cars:

Post by snoble80 »

I had lots of movement and clonking on my car when holding the wheel there. It turned out to be the hole that the balljoint slots into on the hub had ovalised. This had been caused by the groove in the balljoint being worn or the bolt having thread where it goes through the groove on the balljoint, which gets depressed and allows the balljoint to move up and down.
Replacing the balljoint does nothing in this case and a new hub is required to fix the problem.
b21playa

Post by b21playa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snoble80</i>

I had lots of movement and clonking on my car when holding the wheel there. It turned out to be the hole that the balljoint slots into on the hub had ovalised. This had been caused by the groove in the balljoint being worn or the bolt having thread where it goes through the groove on the balljoint, which gets depressed and allows the balljoint to move up and down.
Replacing the balljoint does nothing in this case and a new hub is required to fix the problem.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
does sound logical
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

On my 306 phase 1 it creaks going up and down kerbs, but the phase 2 I have driven does not. I have heard that it is body flex on the phase 1's causing this, and the phase 2's are much stiffer, having something like 1000 more spot welds when they were made. I'm not sure how true this is though. Its only very slight though, you can hardly hear it. Any louder than barely noticable would mean something else, rear beam bearing perhaps?