R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
KP

Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Unread post by KP »

On that v6 I doubt you could get a hand down the Cambelt side never mid any tools ;)
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

What he said ^

Access is tricky to say the least. You're right about the economy mode, it shouldn't prevent it from starting. I think the issue is a missing power connection from the battery. There's a bolt on the positive connection which has nothing attached to it, and I think there should be another cable coming off it. I remember after swapping a battery on one of the Méganes, everything worked until it came to start when it just displayed "ELECTRONIC FAULT". I'd left off one the 7 separate battery connections. I think this is the case here too. There's nothing hanging around waiting to be attached though.... I need another C5 to compare.
French is best.
ashy90

Unread post by ashy90 »

Even if you un-fasten the engine mount and drop it down?
KP

Unread post by KP »

Even so i believe its a poop! loose connection somewhere Luke but i reckon a lexia is the only way to go and the sooner the better for it.

Before you turn it over though please do stick a few drops of 2 stroke down each cylinder bore to help loosen them up so they don't scrape like hell if its been stood that long. It will make the engine last that bit longer and make the next owner happy :)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Unread post by RichardW »

Is it turning over? Eco mode does not prevent start or cranking. There is a wire to the main fuse board under the bonnet, just behind the battery, but the fact you have eco-mode showing suggests this is connected (don't be tempted to try and tighten the main +ve feed post on this box - it's easy to snap it off....). Does it give any other clues? Beeping, or flashing the immobiliser light (if it's got one...?). On Xantia V6 Autos there is an interlock on the gear shift so it will only start in park (?) which can be a bit dicky - have you got it in park (and maybe also foot on brake?). Have you tried winging the selector back and forwards a few times to see if that helps? Sadly I don't think a Lexia session is going to be much help, as in Eco mode most things are shut down, and Lexia just reports it can't communicate with the ECUs #-o
Richard W
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

I will do, KP, if it ever gets to that stage.

Richard - there isn't even a click when you try to start it, just a beep then the economy mode message again - IN GERMAN. Remote locking works fine, the immobiliser doesn't seem to be an issue. The car "knows" it's in Park, and changes on the display when you shift it into different positions. I've tried N with foot on the brake as well, that's not the issue. I'm convinced the problem is an unconnected wire or missing fuse. It's finding the bloody thing...
French is best.
ashy90

Unread post by ashy90 »

My money is on the starter and/or connections.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

Trust me, it's the underbonnet fuse panel taking a dump.

Although you may well have to reprogram the keys once it doesn't drop into economy mode immediately.
KP

Unread post by KP »

Luke,

Is this a possible parts bin for you??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Vel-S ... 1c2ea41b36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

If it were hearing aid beige then yes, absolutely! But I think I have the Vel Satis situation sorted. I'm storing a friend's 3.5 V6 for him. It has issues that were beyond financial suicide to sort, but he couldn't part from it. Fortunately it's the same colour as my 3.0 dV6 - which he is actually expressing an interest in buying. That would mean the 3.5 being a donor car in making a PERFECT Vel Satis as the bumpers on my dV6 have been subject to a woman driver, and the interior trim subject to children. What I'd be left with would be a tatty 3.5 V6 with big issues. But hey, it's still a Vel Satis!

I'm still looking for a panel donor car for my Motorhog Mégane Convertible though... It's such a cool car and deserves to be brought right back up to standard. Keep the eyes peeled please! Even a black old shape Coupé would do.
French is best.
KP

Unread post by KP »

There's one on the bay now with some women in it as well Luke ;)
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

Lol very funny!
French is best.
KP

Unread post by KP »

Did you find it then? ;)
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

This is how I'm spending this evening :)

French is best.
KP

Unread post by KP »

A 406 that's been sat for a while is it??