R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

R9UKE

R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Post by R9UKE »

OK it's about time I get one of these going, instead of creating threads all the time.

Most of you know me already, I'm Luke, 19, from Belfast, and a student at university. My main car is a 2.0 VVT Renault Mégane which I love, but I always have another car running alongside, albeit for a short time before it's shifted on again.

I'll also use this blog for my french car spotting, if that's ok?

I'll start with my newest arrival, pictures of the Meg will be added after a much needed wash. Last night I bought this. A 2001 Renault Laguna 1.6 Dynamique. My last Laguna was the same colour, but a better spec. This seems a pretty good example, was traded in to the main dealer and sent up to our auction. MOT until Dec-11, no tax and 87,000 miles. Been driving it today, and minus a few typical Laguna issues, it's nice to be back in one again.

Issues include battered (and barely functioning) key cards, only one active tyre pressure sensor and some dog hair in the boot. Not bad for a Laguna! And at £450, sure is a lot of car for the money. And I LOVE this interior.

pug_owner2002

Post by pug_owner2002 »

I've got to say I also like that interior too. It's the same as the half leather that we've got in our Scenic.
The Lag looks tidy for the money.

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Yeh it's an excellent interior. Started it this morning and the tyre pressure sensors seem to have reset themselves... one less thing to fix :)

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Another green Laguna! Nice 8-)

I never used to like green cars, but now im liking green, odd! It does suit the Laguna though, looks very tidy there.

Funny, i was mentioning a 1.6 Dynamique to you the other day :lol: Whats it like, a bit of a slug?

The interiors are nice on the Dynamiques, looks to be in good condition too, a real bargain for the money. I dont see how anyone could go wrong with £450 for a 2001 Laguna.

How long will be be before another Vel Satis is in your sig ... ? :roll:

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Thanks Chris! Brought it home and mum said "Why is that Laguna back, has the buyer brought it back after that long!?"

Yes, funny we were talking about engines in the Laguna. It's.... slow! Maybe it's just after getting out of the Meg. On paper it has 110 BHP and 0-60 in 11.1 secs. Feels slower though, then again, the 1.8 didn't feel much quicker.

Haha another Vel Satis! You saw my facebook post.... could be very soon. In which case the Laguna will have to jog on.

For now though, I'm happy. Will tax and insure this Laguna on March 1 and see what it's like to live with!

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Oh well, 110 bhp should still be fairly reasonable and its possibly not too bad on fuel either.

Yes, that Vel does look nice, but it seems quite a risk to me. If you can't get insurance on one id be sticking to other cars, but as i know you love them you might as well pick up the model you really want and go for the 3.5 V6!

Yep, might as well get some use out of the Laguna, thats the way to do it! Saves you from that Volvo too ..... :lol:

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Saves you from that Volvo too ..... Laughing
That Volvo is a beast Chris! Sweedish engineering at its best :D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robert_e_smart wrote:Sweedish engineering at its best :D
Oh, I always thought that epithet was reserved for IKEA :wink:

Robert, excellent column this month :D I love the office chair!!!!!

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Robert, excellent column this month Very Happy I love the office chair!!!!!
So do I!! Its fantastic. And at my favourite price too! A leather one would be nice, there is a pair of XM front leahter seats on e-bay at the moment, rahter than splitting a leather interior.

An Activa front seat would make a good office chair as well come to think of it.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robert_e_smart wrote: An Activa front seat would make a good office chair as well come to think of it.
It would, Activa cloth seats are excellent...

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:
Saves you from that Volvo too ..... Laughing
That Volvo is a beast Chris! Sweedish engineering at its best :D
Hmm, really :?

I can think of nicer Volvos :roll:

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

I can think of nicer Volvos Rolling Eyes
Ok Ok, I agree, the 760 GLE is much nicer than Lukes 740 SE.

:lol: :lol:

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Citroenmad wrote: Yep, might as well get some use out of the Laguna, thats the way to do it! Saves you from that Volvo too ..... :lol:
Somebody coming to get it tomorrow, just off the phone, sounded really keen. Lets hope he shows!

Yeh Chris, I can't wait to be driving this Laguna everyday, I really love them. Will be a nice change :D

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

robert_e_smart wrote:

I can think of nicer Volvos Rolling Eyes
Ok Ok, I agree, the 760 GLE is much nicer than Lukes 740 SE.

:lol: :lol:
Volvo's are sorta French anyway - partly built from the Renault parts bin.
So are SAABs in a way - the Swedish royalty is French so Sweden is in effect a French colony :)

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

myglaren wrote: Volvo's are sorta French anyway - partly built from the Renault parts bin.
So are SAABs in a way - the Swedish royalty is French so Sweden is in effect a French colony :)
Excellent :) But that modern Saab rubbish is mostly GM composed, so one might as well buy a Vectra? Or even better, a Signum. Right?