classic car ban

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: classic car ban

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:
Xac wrote: Many of them are going to be replaced soon with electric busses as a trial.
Yea, and I'm a pink fairy...

I'll bet if they do ever get round to getting electric buses they'll still smoke and make a hideous racket...

I was amazed at just how noisy a Nissan Leaf is. One went past me this evening - I was walking...
I thought I spotted your car outside the pink punters Jim ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-19714571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They probably still won't run on time and will miss busses out though.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit I did go past it the other day. Amused me as they have three entrances... One for gays, one for bis3xuals and another for those who aren't sure (trannies) :roll: :lol: I wondered if they have three varieties of loo to cater for their diverse clientèle :?

Anyway...

Do you really believe what MK Council tells us? I don't :twisted: Let's just say I'll believe there's electric buses when I see one - which is my usual standpoint with our wonderful council :lol: I may be wrong of course... Those of us who've had the utter misfortune to live hereabouts all our adult lives tend to grow both used to and weary of the proclamations of the council; most of which are pure imagination and often fantasy. You may not recall the promise of a monorail and that parking in CMK would be forever free. I have a very long memory :evil:

Handyman, Onto happier topics, I've replied to your PM. Sorry for the delay :oops:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I dunno, this lot said they'd revert most of the changed parking spaces back to their per-libdem prices, and they did do that.

The monorail first got suggested at the initial design plans, along with the 4 leaf clover design, with the monorail going around the outside of the clover leaves. Houses were to be no more than 5 minutes walk from a bus stop or 15 minutes walk from a monorail stop.
When the price of a monorail and the poor expansion prospects of the clover design were considered they were both dropped. The planning for homes to have more than one car in the future pretty much stayed though.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I must admit I did go past it the other day. Amused me as they have three entrances... One for gays, one for bis3xuals and another for those who aren't sure (trannies) :roll: :lol: I wondered if they have three varieties of loo to cater for their diverse clientèle :?

Anyway...
Jim, I drive past that establishment everyday and i've never noticed the different entrances, I guess you've been up and had a closer look

Although if we add your previous statement things become a little clearer...
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Citroëns, there's a place you can go
Citroëns, when your suspension is low...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Citroëns, there's a place you can go
:rofl:
Chris570 wrote: Jim, I drive past that establishment everyday and i've never noticed the different entrances, I guess you've been up and had a closer look
Ahh, I guess you're just too busy reading all the error messages on your LH display to see those fine details... :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Re: Re:

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote:Citroëns, there's a place you can go
:rofl:
Chris570 wrote: Jim, I drive past that establishment everyday and i've never noticed the different entrances, I guess you've been up and had a closer look
Ahh, I guess you're just too busy reading all the error messages on your LH display to see those fine details... :lol:
I have no error messages, you cheeky swine. This is an XM you know not some unreliable piece of rubbish :roll:
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mine tells me my suspension is normal. It's good to know there’s at least one thing that is...
Jim