GEEEE'z what an adventure!

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Northern_Mike

Re: Red Dwarfers Xantia and XM adventures

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:i would go with badger attack personaly as it sounds more plausable but the choice is yours :lol:
I like Badger attack. Nasty little sods they are. My original Activa was a Cat D write-off because of a collision with a badger. You'd have thought the badger was made out of stone the amount of damage it did!
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

:lol: Some brilliant excuses, I'm going to have to think about this. The op went okay, now sporting a 3" scar on my neck with a bit of wire and a bead sticking out either end :shock:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

Ooo bad luck Kev, sounds like you picked "bring your daughter to work" day to have the op and the surgeon let his 7 year old close you up ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

lol the surgeon used that type of suture as thery leave a neater scar!
Glad your ok!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

Xac wrote:Ooo bad luck Kev, sounds like you picked "bring your daughter to work" day to have the op and the surgeon let his 7 year old close you up ;)
:lol:
davetherave wrote:lol the surgeon used that type of suture as thery leave a neater scar!
Glad your ok!
Ah, I thought there would be a reason, just I was afraid of rolling around in the night and catching it on my pillow, I seem to be okay so far though with an extra couple of pillows propping myself up. We've taken a photo today, stitch is booked to come out the middle of next week so it will be interesting to see how it changes.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Kev, please to see all is good :-D

Give it a few months and there'll be no scar at all. Still if there is a scar at least nobody will pick a fight with you - they'll think you're a proper hardcase and leave well alone :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP

Post by KP »

Good news on the Op Kev :)

I've never let anyone but myself take stitches out, always safer i think and you can spend your time on them but wait for the scab and all to come up fully before letting them near it though im sure you'll get the 'we know best' speech :D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Glad it all went well Kev :-D

Taking your own stitches out, I dont think I could stomach that! :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

The scar is healing well, they've made the incision in such a way that it could easily be mistook for a skin crease. Was back to work Monday gone and fell in to place nice and quickly.

I've just come back from a mini adventure to Activa_Mike's and his family. I took RUNN on one last long drive to his, perfect weather and not too much traffic. When I walked in the house, the kettle was on and there were some lovely tasting Columbian mini pasty type snacks on the table. What a welcome, thanks Mike and family :D

The train journey back was very enjoyable, it was nice to be able to look out over the countryside without having to concentrate on driving. In fact I even saw Jim's Xantia in Somerset whilst speeding past on the train, quite a spot that :lol:

It's certainly odd not having RUNN here anymore but really, it couldn't have gone to a better home. May the adventures continue!

In other news, the XM will be coming out of it's 7 month Winter hibernation next month.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote: The train journey back was very enjoyable, it was nice to be able to look out over the countryside without having to concentrate on driving. In fact I even saw Jim's Xantia in Somerset whilst speeding past on the train, quite a spot that :lol:
It's quite a nice ride that one Kev, especially on an HST. Lovely old trains. You ought to have told me what train you were on and I could have waved up as you went past...

Indeed, that as an awesome spot 8-) I looked out for dad's bungalow last time Robyn and I went past on the train and you only really see it for a fleeting moment as well.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Glad the scar is healing well Kev and now Runn is gone to a good home you can concetrate on your new toy!
Mike seems like a man who has all his priorities in order :wink:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

red_dwarfers wrote:The scar is healing well, they've made the incision in such a way that it could easily be mistook for a skin crease. Was back to work Monday gone and fell in to place nice and quickly.

I've just come back from a mini adventure to Activa_Mike's and his family. I took RUNN on one last long drive to his, perfect weather and not too much traffic. When I walked in the house, the kettle was on and there were some lovely tasting Columbian mini pasty type snacks on the table. What a welcome, thanks Mike and family :D
You're very welcome Kev, thanks for your patience and effort in getting the deal with RUNN sorted out. You're lucky we were off out into the smoke for a family dinner, or there'd have been a lot more food on the table :-) You're always welcome to pop in if you are passing this way for more..

I only went down to the shops in RUNN today, but she drives spot on - much better than her miles would suggest. I'm well pleased with it. Off to stock up with veg tomorrow and a few spares. I didn't take her into London because some substance of indeterminate origin has spilt on Sam's spare car seat as it lives in my tool shed - petrol, brake fluid, lord knows what, and I need to clean it before he sits in it!
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

The end of an era Kev!

I bet your looking forward to getting back in the XM next month :-D 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

I've finally dug out that last photo of RUNN before she drove off into the sunset!

Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Excellent pic, and you can't see my face, which is even better!