Im sure you mean Avantime Robert? Unless Luke has got himself another?robert_e_smart wrote: And the piece de resistance was a drive in the Vel Satis again. Man what a crazy car! What were Renualt thinking! However, I am glad they were, its such a cool car.
R9UKE's French Car Blog...
-
Citroenmad
- Posts: 8125
- Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 22:08
- x 110
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
Chris
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
-
robert_e_smart
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
- x 14
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
Yes! Avantime. I have been getting told off all day for calling it a Vel Satis as well.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
-
R9UKE
- Posts: 1070
- Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 21:18
- x 3
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
Thanks Mark, I was thinking the same today while standing back and looking at it.... really, really wish there was a 3.0 V6 in it!
What's odd about the air box KP?
Robert you'll never learn, I don't think you've ever given it the right name. Glad you enjoyed it!
What's odd about the air box KP?
Robert you'll never learn, I don't think you've ever given it the right name. Glad you enjoyed it!
French is best.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
The Avantime is such a bonkers car it really ought to have been a Citroen...Citroenmad wrote:Im sure you mean Avantime Robert? Unless Luke has got himself another?robert_e_smart wrote: And the piece de resistance was a drive in the Vel Satis again. Man what a crazy car! What were Renualt thinking! However, I am glad they were, its such a cool car.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Citroenmad
- Posts: 8125
- Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 22:08
- x 110
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
CitroJim wrote:The Avantime is such a bonkers car it really ought to have been a Citroën...Citroenmad wrote:Im sure you mean Avantime Robert? Unless Luke has got himself another?robert_e_smart wrote: And the piece de resistance was a drive in the Vel Satis again. Man what a crazy car! What were Renualt thinking! However, I am glad they were, its such a cool car.
Chris
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
-
R9UKE
- Posts: 1070
- Joined: 21 Mar 2010, 21:18
- x 3
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
The Avantime met another completely bonkers French car today - here's a few pics.





Finally, I got to drive a mad Citroen that uses the right fuel! What a car. Insane in every way, just like the Avi, and it certainly doesn't hang about. The turbo kicks in with a fantastic Whooooooosh and away it goes. The leather seats are so French and the louvre just beautifully completes it. Thoroughly impressed, though I'm not sure I have the balls for CX ownership just yet....





Finally, I got to drive a mad Citroen that uses the right fuel! What a car. Insane in every way, just like the Avi, and it certainly doesn't hang about. The turbo kicks in with a fantastic Whooooooosh and away it goes. The leather seats are so French and the louvre just beautifully completes it. Thoroughly impressed, though I'm not sure I have the balls for CX ownership just yet....
French is best.
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
robert_e_smart
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
- x 14
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
Indeed it is Adam.
I think you will have to get one Luke. You enjoyed it too much not to! Did Pat not try and swop the Avantime for the CX?
I had a good drive in this CX GTI Turbo 2 today, and love it to bits. Its such an excellent car to drive. Activas; waste of time, get into one of these, and then see what a big fast Turbo charged Citroen can do!
I think you will have to get one Luke. You enjoyed it too much not to! Did Pat not try and swop the Avantime for the CX?
I had a good drive in this CX GTI Turbo 2 today, and love it to bits. Its such an excellent car to drive. Activas; waste of time, get into one of these, and then see what a big fast Turbo charged Citroen can do!
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
The Avi and CX look a lovely pair together
I wonder what a union between the two would produce?
An updated CX with some styling cues from the Avi and a V6 engine - Bliss...
Luke, I think you're on the slippery slope and a CX will soon wind up with you... It's bound to happen...
And I'm sure Robert will be only too happy to assist in you procuring one
I wonder what a union between the two would produce?
An updated CX with some styling cues from the Avi and a V6 engine - Bliss...
Luke, I think you're on the slippery slope and a CX will soon wind up with you... It's bound to happen...
And I'm sure Robert will be only too happy to assist in you procuring one
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Chris570
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 1487
- Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 14:10
- x 36
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
I'm not knocking the CX's but i don't get the fascination, surely they can't be quicker than a properly setup activa...
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
-
robert_e_smart
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
- x 14
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
They feel so special and so good. How I wish the XM had Diravi. An Activa is a rather numb experience. Ok you have the sensations of going round a corner quickly on the flat if it all goes right. But the CX can go round corners fast as well with a bit of roll.
If you are one for modifications, Franklin is the man to tell us about Maikonics.
The offspring of the CX and Avantime would be interesting.

If you are one for modifications, Franklin is the man to tell us about Maikonics.
The offspring of the CX and Avantime would be interesting.

1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
robert_e_smart
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
- x 14
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
Shane went to great lengths on Aussie Frogs to try and "insulate" his car against heat.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
-
addo
- Sara Watson's Stalker
- Posts: 7098
- Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
- x 95
-
Citroening
- Posts: 2511
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 20:19
- x 19
Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...
R9UKE wrote:Finally, I got to drive a mad Citroën that uses the right fuel! What a car. Insane in every way, just like the Avi, and it certainly doesn't hang about. The turbo kicks in with a fantastic Whooooooosh and away it goes. The leather seats are so French and the louvre just beautifully completes it. Thoroughly impressed, though I'm not sure I have the balls for CX ownership just yet....
You'd be surprised Chris...Chris570 wrote:I'm not knocking the CX's but i don't get the fascination, surely they can't be quicker than a properly setup activa...
First up was the Series 1 GTi Turbo, then the Series 2 GTi Turbo and finally the Series 2 GTi Turbo 2.
The Series 2 GTi Turbo 2 has the intercooler, and slightly different pistons and compression ratios due to the intercooler. AFAIK the actual turbocharger has some differences too. Also, the CX GTi Turbo 2s have smaller cc injectors too. The GTi Turbo 1's have a low ratio gearbox, so will affect the top speed slightly but by no means are the GTi Turbo 1s a slow car though...in their day, Dad used to have 'burn-ups' along the motorways and dual carriageways with Merc 190 Cosworths and came off best. 140+ MPH is easily achievable on private land.
The GTI Turbo 2s are a quicker car and I think that they kept the same 168BHP figures due to French tax laws etc. I would say that the GTi Turbo 2s were running about 180BHP standard. ALL GTi Turbos or Turbo 2s have their own personality...you will not find two a-like...some are faster than others.
robert_e_smart wrote:How I wish the XM had Diravi.
Quite simply...There's only about 10 "Maikonics Kits" left worldwide from the research I have carried out. From 1989 to 2000 he had done 58 conversions ranging from 220BHP to 400BHP. They all start from a "Stage One Kit" which most people went for as it was the most bang for your buck. £500 +VAT saw a converted AEi, Modified Wastegate and Racing Spark Plugs which saw an increase of power to 230BHP for T1s, and 250BHP for T2s (320 FT/LB Torque). They offered other modifications that include S/S Exhaust, Head, Cams etc etc. If you're intrested I can bring the full Maikonics Literature with me to the X Rally on Sunday... You can build on the Stage One set-up all the way - just look at CGAT now. However CGAT has taken it to a complete new level...! That thing don't half go...robert_e_smart wrote:If you are one for modifications, Franklin is the man to tell us about Maikonics.
Franklin