Dean's Activa/XM/V6 and now Talbot blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I know the feeling Dean :twisted:

I used to test the water regularly and stress over nitrate levels... Especially bad with goldies as they're rather biologically active and eat a great deal of food if you know what I mean...

Getting too anal about things can destroy all the pleasure in a hobby... Good job that's not the case with our Citroen addiction...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Getting too anal about things can destroy all the pleasure in a hobby... Good job that's not the case with our Citroën addiction...
................yes...................yes it is :sulk:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

:lol: :lol: Fish Anorak! :wink: :wink:

Can't see myself becoming a Fish Anorak personally, although a friend has got some absolutely massive Koi Carp! Huge great things! :shock:
Franklin
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

and each one worth more than a well sorted Activa i bet!
And my fish anorak looks rather fetching when worn with my Citroen bobble hat
:lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why am I laughing?!! I've got TWO Citroen Bobble Hats! :shock: :lol:
Franklin
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

:lol: This is why I stopped keeping fish :roll:

I have to explain the above to a good majority of the poeple who come into work and want advice. Before long ill record myself and set up a audio booth for people to sit and listen :lol: After about a year it gets a little tiring. Especially people who try and prove you wrong or think they know better and even worse the questions you get on repeat "why can't I put a clown fish in my goldfish bowl with my goldfish? After explaning that and then advising them that they really ought to have a filter even for a goldfish (company policy), you have either really annoyed them in the nicest way possible or sold them a full new set up :lol: And you would not believe how wound up some people get about a fish, one guy I nearly called the police on as he was threatening to punch me and other staff because his fish looked unwell. I insisted ona water sample and the levels were sky high. I also wonder how many people bring in tap water and also im a bit puzzled by people bringing water in in urine sample bottles :shock:

Suffice to say, im glad im now doing admin :lol: And im looking for a new part time job :roll: Roll on the new uni year!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Ah you see the problem there Chris is you are dealing with the pubic, and they are idiots :lol: You know what they say, the customer is always wrong, but let them think they are right to keep them happy so they buy something from you..............

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Quite right Dean :D
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Have not been here for a while :( , and how the hell did we get started on fish :roll: :lol:

Anywho just been looking back at Jims guide to Activa clutch replacement, i have just ordered a new clutch kit this very second for the Activa, house work has subsided for the minute and with the activa being a little tricky to drive its time has come. (all routes were being planed to ovoid any type of gradient!)

Unfortunatly the xm is still untouched so the job will have to go ahead on a sligtly uneven and gravely surface which isnt ideal i will admit but i have recovered my engine hoist from loan, along with one of my spare jacks and axle stands and i am ready to go, with good weather forcast im hoping to start after work on saturday.

Just a shame ive now gone and got 1st degree man flue so i may actualy be dead by saturday afternoon :lol:

Wish me luck, and i hope your not too busy for moral E support on sunday Jim :lol: :lol: :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: Wish me luck, and i hope your not too busy for moral E support on sunday Jim :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never too busy Dean, in fact do you have my phone numbers? If not I'll PM them to you and then you can call me for a quick natter if you need to...

Go and fight the man flu Dean and get well for the weekend... It'll all be gone by then... May I recommend some good brandy or Scotch to help the process along?

It was your pleco that started the fishy-talk :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Brandy you say, sounds like a plan :wink: .

I will try not to pester you Jim but if you dont mind me calling you should things get sticky.......................... should be plain sailing if i dont disturb the slave and keep it hooked up out of the way.

The question is, how bad will the old clutch be......................?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: The question is, how bad will the old clutch be......................?
From my brief drive of it, I'd say bad!!!

Just PM'd you the necessary numbers Dean...
Jim

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

oh its much worse now, much much worse :lol:
Thanks for the numbers Jim!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:oh its much worse now, much much worse :lol:
So I take it you are now in possession of the slowest Activa on the planet :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote:
Deanxm wrote:oh its much worse now, much much worse :lol:
So I take it you are now in possession of the slowest Activa on the planet :lol:
No! some of them are now just ornaments :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10