R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Cheers guys!

Xac, I watched a Meg faced Laguna sell for £1500 at auction the other day! 2.0 dCi as well so the turbo won't give up on the way home. Not long to wait before they're Xantia money!

Chris - my purchase price will look extortionate now lol, but at £350 I wasn't going to let it pass! :lol:

Yep, if you happen to be driving around Staffordshire today you might meet a convoy of Vel Satis and Avantimes.
French is best.
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Just a select few pictures of the Vel Satis and Avantime owners meet in Staffordshire yesterday.

It was a great day with some amazed looks as a convoy of mad Renaults travelled around the countryside.

I was particularly impressed by the 3.5 V6 Vel Satis with an LPG conversion. Sounds mean and costs less to run than the 2.2 dCi!

And of course the Avantimes....

French is best.
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Looks like a good day

Mark
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

Cor! I didn't realise that they made that many Vel Satieseses and Avantimes :lol:

So, got your ferry ticket booked ready for the National this year dude? Bring a pack of sausages, I feel a BBQ coming on!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

R9UKE wrote:Cheers guys!

Xac, I watched a Meg faced Laguna sell for £1500 at auction the other day! 2.0 dCi as well so the turbo won't give up on the way home. Not long to wait before they're Xantia money!
Excellent, so I can pick up a reasonably priced 2.0 and a dirt cheap 1.9 and swap the fronts :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Crikey those photographs are very futuristic yet look real, must be a good photoshop job done there :wink: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

red_dwarfers wrote:So, got your ferry ticket booked ready for the National this year dude? Bring a pack of sausages, I feel a BBQ coming on!
I fully intend to go to this actually, but can't promise I'll be in a Citroen. It'll most likely be a Renault that'll remain in the car park :oops:

BBQ weather seems a big ask with weather like what we have today in June. Could always set a 2CV on fire and have toasted marshmallows. Two birds and all that...
Crikey those photographs are very futuristic yet look real, must be a good photoshop job done there
For a minute I thought you were giving the usual comments towards the Avantimes - then I looked at the date print! I'll have to change that :lol:
French is best.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

R9UKE wrote:For a minute I thought you were giving the usual comments towards the Avantimes - then I looked at the date print! I'll have to change that :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

DickieG wrote:
R9UKE wrote:For a minute I thought you were giving the usual comments towards the Avantimes - then I looked at the date print! I'll have to change that :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So they fit them with flux capacitors as standard?
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

this photo was taken just before

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

£1500 is good Xantia HDi money, so they are already there :) Thats a small amount for such a recent Laguna. A Xantia will, without doubt, be more reliable though :lol:

£350! Wow, that really is cheap, not many people could refuse to buy that car for such a little amount, nice find!

Excellent pictures Luke, looks like a very good day, good job it was yesterday and not today, its a bit damp! Those cars look great together, its odd that having more of the same cars parked together makes them look much better, I always think that.

I that your previous 3.0 V6 DCi parked up?

Ah, so your going to be at the CCC National event next month Luke? Would be good to finally meet you and see if we can persuade you into a Citroen :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Xac wrote:this photo was taken just before
Hahaha excellent! Rookie mistake :oops:

Yes Chris, my auntie Pam and I drove it up, a nice way of marking it crossing the 100k milestone.

Yes it will be great to put a face to all of these names. I'd love to have the Lag V6 ready to cruise over in but that might be a bit optimistic insurance wise. No better place to tempt me back in to a Citroen though, eh? :D
French is best.
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Excellent, only 100K too, thats not bad at all for a diesel Vel.

I would like you see your Laguna, im sure you would give me a run out in it too? :lol:

Our 6H Traction should be at the national, Ill give you a run out in that if you like, its an experience :) Ill have my Activa there too, so ill be an easy person to find :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE

Post by R9UKE »

Of course, it'll be good enough to tempt you over to the diamond I reckon :wink:

Oooh the Traction. I really wouldn't know what to expect with that, but I look forward to it.

I bought a Citroen today :D

I need a car to take me back to Belfast, and that cheap C5 V6 on ebay was too much to resist.

Cruised down to Birmingham from Sheffield in it this afternoon and what a car! I have missed the double chevrons. The AC is ice cold, the V6 is lazy yet effortless and that Hydractive suspension is awesome.

It has 83000 miles, tax until the end of July and MOT until May 2012.

There are a number of issues as there will be with any £500 car. The most annoying of which is that the interior drivers door handle has snapped off. I have to put the window down and open it from the outside! Not ideal. Rear parking sensors don't work, and neither do the rear electric windows. Oh and the heated seats don't work either.

Now, I need the assistance of your excellent Citroen-focused minds. I noticed that the power steering was very loud on the way home, especially at low speed turning. I checked under the CITROEN HYDRACTIVE plastic cover under the bonnet and the power assisted steering fluid tank is empty. Now, I'm guessing this tank needs some special Citroen magic fluid? I checked the handbook and it says to consult my Citroen dealer (No thanks).

Cheers guys, here are some pics taken briefly just now.

French is best.
XantiaDaveEire

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

I like this one very much :D If it were diesel and wasnt multiplexed and there was no such thing as a Xantia this would be my car :lol:

For £500 it's a steal 8-)

I'm slightly jealous :D
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o