C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

citroenxm wrote:So steve, sell me yours and get a later one if Tax is NOT a problem.. :D :D :D 8-)

Paul
Err ....... NO!!!!!!
red_dwarfers wrote:How many have you tracked down so far?
YOA - Mine, which is Preston/Warrington
YOL - Stafford
YOO - When Paul finally decides that pulling his wallet out isn't hazardous to his health, will be in Welsh Wales (currently in Chesterfield)

There are 2 on private plates (I think) YOC, YOH, YOM are still out there somewhere. I have pictures of YOD and YON
Citroenmad wrote:Oh right worth bearing in mind.

Though I assume you mean 06 plates ... :lol:
Chris,
Paul suffers from 'stuttering finger syndrome' he doe's it all the time :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Oh right worth bearing in mind.

Though I assume you mean 06 plates ... :lol:
Chris,
Paul suffers from 'stuttering finger syndrome' he doe's it all the time :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think im the worst offender of that :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Trainman wrote:
citroenxm wrote:So steve, sell me yours and get a later one if Tax is NOT a problem.. :D :D :D 8-)
Paul
Err ....... NO!!!!!!
I thought it must be yours for sale when you posted this:
Trainman wrote: When I'm next back in the UK, my C6 will be available for sale. This is just a little advance notice, in case anyone is interested. The full specification is below and includes every option bar the sunroof. Note that, since the car is registered a few days before the high-emission VED cut-off date, the cost is £245 for 12 months, rather than £425 for most other C6s.

The car will be sold with a full MoT plus VED to August 2011. I have both keys, two CD changer magazines, all the 2010/11 navigation CDs for Europe, the original handbook and manuals, plus history, old MoTs and the fully stamped service history book. All factory recalls have been performed and the car is HPI clear.

I'm looking for £9,995. If anyone is interested, contact me by e-mail or personal message.

2006 (06) Citroën C6 2.7 HDi V6 Exclusive
207 PS Diesel with full Exclusive specification
ex-Citroën UK + 1 previous owner
45,000 miles
Full Dealer Service History
Deep Red Pearlescent Exterior
Full black leather interior
6 Speed Automatic gearbox with Tiptronic function and sports/snow modes
Hydractive III Suspension
Full Colour Screen Satellite Navigation plus 2010/11 Europe CDs
Dual Zone Climate Control
Electric, heated front & rear seats
Lounge Pack (TGV-style electric, heated rear seats)
JBL Stereo with 6 CD changer
Mokunto Wood trim
Front & rear parking sensors with visual display
Tyre pressure sensors
Electric, auto-foldback & heated mirrors
Directional Bi- Xenon Headlamps
Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
GSM telephone SIM card slot
Switchable suspension (Normal/Sports)
18" alloy wheels
Active rear spoiler

Pictures are available http://c6owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... c.php?4396
I was waiting for the story behind it and half expected you were buying a new, 3L model :)
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

myglaren wrote:I was waiting for the story behind it and half expected you were buying a new, 3L model :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry to say No (again) I only know of 3 in the country at the moment, 1 belongs to Phillip Clark the other were for sale around the £25,000 mark, which is a little bit more than I currently have in "my loose change pocket" :roll:
Steve

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That one of Phillips is stunning, it has 'that' interior and the new wheels. 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
KP

Post by KP »

Steve after re-reading one of your earlier posts about pre 2006 plate 2.7tdi v6's and their much lower tax you now have me thinking of eying a slightly older d3 hse :-D insurance isn't too bad either but can't wait to see the mrs face when she finds out lol. £260 a year isn't much more than the activa's and a normal xantias tax plundering :-)
Toby_HDi

Post by Toby_HDi »

I assume these early C6s are in band K? This includes cars emitting over a certain amount of CO2 (which would usually put it in a higher band) but registered before 1st March 2006.

My Coupé is included in this and I have heard rumours that this exemption may be scrapped, meaning they'll go into higher bands. In the case of my Coupé it would go from its current £260 a year to £445 (Band L).

Just a heads up to keep an eye on it and to bear it in mind.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

:( i have heard this too Toby, not good news at all, it seems the only way to ovoid it is to get a car so old it was never tested for CO emissions when new.
£500 a year road tax is stupid especialy if you only do 3k a year and your neighbour with a C1 pays £40 a year and does 10k, who's the bigger polluter i wonder?..................or is it about screwing money out of those that are percieved to have it, how cynical am i :roll:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Toby_HDi

Post by Toby_HDi »

It is silly.

The Xantia HDi is cheaper to insure under the CO2 system than the old two tier system. Mine was under the old system by a couple of months, someone with a slighter newer one would pay less.

The Coupé was available with the later VVT V6 before 1st March 2001. Once again, mine comes under the new system by a couple of months. A slighter older one pays less.

In both scenarios - CO2 is the same, the engines are identical - it just wasn't measured for the early cars.

Seems entirely arbitrary to me. Much like our speed limits and many other things really.

Of course, the best option is to buy something pre 1973 :wink:. Although once again, that is controversial due to the rolling 25 year cut off being abandoned. Again, entirely arbitrary - especially considering newer cars are so much cleaner.

Its always about milking as much as can be got out of ordinary people. Yet the rich avoid it all with their tax havens.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Toby_HDi wrote:Its always about milking as much as can be got out of ordinary people. Yet the rich avoid it all with their tax havens.
Don't even start me on that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

KP wrote:pre 2006 plate 2.7tdi v6's and their much lower tax you now have me thinking of eying a slightly older d3 hse :-D insurance
Will, GET A C6, I never have understood why anybody would want a tractor :lolhit:
Toby_HDi wrote:My Coupé is included in this and I have heard rumours that this exemption may be scrapped, meaning they'll go into higher bands. In the case of my Coupé it would go from its current £260 a year to £445 (Band L).
Toby, I understand what you mean, I really do. but for the extra £3.55 per week, is it worth worrying about :wink:
Steve

KP

Post by KP »

Aint no tractor lad (best somerset farmer style voice) :)

I'd love one of each if money allowed but :(

I want to do things like this

though this is a bit much for me...

andmcit

Post by andmcit »

KP wrote:though this is a bit much for me...

Holy cow; those back wheels lifted off the deck on the decent and basically
weren't touching the floor to turn most of the time. I've always loved the
Range Rover and now have new respect for their ability and their capacity
to accommodate the extreme levels of stupidity some people feel they need
to test the car with. By all accounts the new Discovery is out of this world too.

I wouldn't give the Freelander the time of day though.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
DHallworth
Donor 2023

Post by DHallworth »

KP wrote:Aint no tractor lad (best somerset farmer style voice) :)

I'd love one of each if money allowed but :(

I want to do things like this

If you're buying a Discovery 3 without warranty and are intending to use it for Off Roading make sure you have HUGE amounts to repair it when the electrics go wrong!

For example, the Electronic Air Suspension compressor is under the drivers side cill, it gets wet when you go wading, and often gets wacked by rocks and breaks. They cost around £400 for a non genuine one to replace it. Silly place to put it really!

We bought a 2.7 HSE new and in the space of 12 months it was in the dealer 6 times to have an electrical issue with the cruise control fixed. It still wasn't working when we sold the car.

We never got more then 21mpg from it either when we were being very gentle with it. It was nearer 15mpg if we had the trailer behind it.

The TDV8 Range Rover is a much better car, we've had one for 2 years now without a single fault. It's also more economical then the TDV6 was.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
KP

Post by KP »

Well that tallies kinda with what I've been reading. You either get a good en or a bad en :-(

Don't knock the fl2 though as they are quite capable from my snow testing. Lr have really missed a trick by not even allowing the spec of a proper centre diff which is a bit of a shame really.

The d4 I had was knocking on early to mid 30's fuel wise when it had only covered about 8k with me :-)