Xantic's Antics

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Your new SX looks good, i wouldn't say the front ride height is far off what it should be, if any. Do you know when the spheres were last changed, hydraflush used etc?

Going from a Vauxhall Vectra to a Xantia should never make a Xantia seem bouncy :lol:

I think it is still £6, there was a thread about it recently which linked to the original. Spurred me on to throw some money into the pot again.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

2005 date on the front spheres, Not sure when it was hydraflushed last, Will arrange some new spheres for it..

After the Vectra suspension even my reclining chair would be more comfortable going over bumps if i put wheels on it..
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
XantiaDaveEire

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Front ride height looks fine..but you can test it yourself :)

With the engine running it should be 3 fingers from the wheel arch to the top of the wheel :lol:

Dave
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

3 fingers and a very long arm, tonight i am nearly 240 miles away from the car in Ramsgate..but i shall check when i next see the car
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Hey Russ..

Stick to that car, its newer then this one I have... :wink:

Looks nice.... Last edition, with different style Instrument lights - you may notice that the warning lights are Out lined rather then a Black Light with a symbol...

This is the sign of Multi plexing being fitted - you may also notice theres NO curtosey light switches on the doors either!!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

No problem Paul
Just saw your advert for the T plate, Identical to mine. The other half wants me to stick with this one too so only a bit of work on it and it will be fine.

Cheers Paul

Russ..
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Polished the Xantia today.

Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Took a trip to GSF in Cardiff this afternoon as i finished work earlier because i am running out to Ireland Sunday morning with work.

Telephoned before i went and happy days they have what i wanted..2 x front and 2 x rear spheres..
When i get there they only had 1 rear sphere although stock was showing 2, so i just bought the front today.

Rushed home all excited,, sad isnt it..lol.
Anyway, done the 2 front spheres and what a difference..The lhm is a murky brown colour so when i have a couple of days off i shall flush and clean the lhm tank and hopefully do the 2 rear spheres..

Now, this might not be a big deal to most but it is to me. Followed the write up and no problems..Did spill some lhm but cleaned it up..

Happy days.

Russ..
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Excellent! It is always satisfying trying a job like that for the first time and having success!

I remember similar feelings after my first sphere change.
Hope changing the rear ones has a similar effect!
Car looks nice and shiny too!

Dave
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good stuff Russ :D :D :D

It is incredibly satisfying and you know, being somewhat of a veteran at many jobs I still get the same buzz when I do a job and it goes well :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Have to agree, I'm always very chuffed when I don't make a total lashup of the simplest job :D
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Dont forget the accumilator sphere on the front of the engine. Its equally important!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

citroenxm wrote:Dont forget the accumilator sphere on the front of the engine. Its equally important!
Yes, I shall be brave and tackle that too Paul.

I must have had a rush of blood today as i fixed a number plate light, Relaced the side light bulbs with led bulbs, fitted 2 front spheres..It's nice to finish work early to get things done..

Relaxing with a Guinness or two now.. :lol:
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I wish I had your enthusiasm!
Finished work early and did precisely nothing - well, OK, I did order a new battery but was exhausted after that. Will see tomorrow if I got it right.

Typically, I was out in the car half an hour ago and there were no problems with it at all. Must know it's getting a new battery and is thumbing it's nose at me. :roll:
Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Took the Xantia out for a run today, It's first long run since we have had it.
Very smooth since i did the spheres. Did 215 miles all through Mid Wales and back. Very pleased with the ride and performance.
Can't wait to do all i need to do to it and looking forward to using it on the annual Cornish holiday this year..I need a trailer now though as the boot get's full with everything we take..
Couple of photos from today.
Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..