Xantic's Antics

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xantic

Xantic's Antics

Post by Xantic »

Hi Everyone

I decided to buy an Xantia afetr owning a few Vauxhall Omegas, The last being a 2.5 v6 Elite...A very nice car but it liked my wallet more than the Mrs.... :D

I wont bore you all with photos of the Omega but will add a few of the Xantia..On weekends although i am a driver and do approx 80 to 100k miles a year both in the UK and Europe i like to go for a drive on the weekends, so, myself and her indoors decide where we wnat to go and hope for good weather..

A few photos from when i bought the Xantia.

Over the past few weeks we have travelled a few miles in the car, sometimes 270 miles just for a drive but it takes us to nice places, ( excuse the photots of the places ) without the car but it might inspire some of you to have a day out..
Monmouth.

So far i have not had to do anything to the Xantia, Just a few miles to see how she goes. So far so good..Comfort, Economy and most of all SWMBO is pleased with it..

Another day we had was in Aberearon a few weeks ago, I try to take some photos of the car in these exotic locations.. :lol: Seriously its a hobby of mine taking photos so expect a few..

We are off to Hay on Wye on Sunday the 14th of June 2009 so will take a few photos then but, I thought i would take a couple of photos tonight just for the sake of it, In 1 months time we are off to Cornwall for a holiday so plenty of photos then but in the meantime heres a few.
Tenby

Of course when the inevitable happens that i have to work on the Xantia i shall report this here, until then, its just photos and a blog of where we have been.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's some lovely pictures of a lovely car Xantic :D

Xantic

Post by Xantic »

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Nice touch Xantic :lol:
Is that proper or a 'shop?

Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Done the diode fix today..My eyes are not what they used to be, I used to be able to solder a lot better than i did today but at least its done. Another thing was new number plates..Don't you just love cars..

Last edited by Xantic on 27 Jun 2009, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Great stuff on the Diodes Xantic :D Have you noticed a difference?

It's amazing what a difference a new set of number plates can make to the look of a car. Did you have the forum address written into the plates?

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:It's amazing what a difference a new set of number plates can make to the look of a car. Did you have the forum address written into the plates?
Crikey Jim your eyes are going, can't you see that the forum address is on the bootlid? :lol: :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: can't you see that the forum address is on the bootlid? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Its ok my eyes are gone too..Picture updated.

No i did not have the forum name on the plates as i had ordered them before it was suggested and with me being 152 this year, (well it feels like anyway ). I never thought of it, but there again, what i do think about these days i forget..

Have not felt much difference after the diode fix..Perhaps the spheres need changing..

XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

Much better! I always fit new plates to my vehicles, helps freshen it up.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Very nice pictures, your Xantia looks superb 8)

Xantic

Post by Xantic »

An update but not a good one...Did not have time to even get the spheres i wanted yet alone fitting them but, i did resolder the diodes i put on last week i was not happy with the ride..
I think its as if its stuck between soft and hard mode so after resoldering it remains to be seen when i take it for a longer ride than the street.

I have included a photo of car running, its in normal position for driving, there is no persons in the car and it is parked on the drive which is on a slight incline..To me it looks too low, I might be getting paranoid again but if anyone agrees i shall throw a party.. :D ..In fact if anyone disagrees i will throw a party. :? .

Anyway, we are off to Cornwall next Saturday so fingers crossed for a smooth uneventful journey and a weeks holiday..Will update when i get back with probably some new photos of the car of course and a write up of how the car preformed..

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Well, get that party thrown because from where I'm looking, the ride height is virtually spot-on, maybe a tiny tadlet high if anything.

In other words, it's absolutely fine :D

Xantic

Post by Xantic »

Thanks Jim..Its me getting paranoid again then..Wheres my chill pills.. It will be a test next week anyway as we usually do between 1k and 1.5k miles on holidays.. We just can't keep still... :lol:

XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

Dont worry i get paranoid too about the ride height, but can echo Jim's words in that it looks spot on. Silver really does suit the Xantia!