C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Well, it's been a busy month, what with one thing and another, No major issues with the car, except an odd squeal from the brakes, when I'm driving along it's fine, but as soon as I put a bit of turn on the steering wheel I get the squeal. Apply the brakes softly and it goes away. I've read somewhere the one of the pistons in the calipers could be twisted :roll: also discovered that every now and then there is a 'clunk' from the brakes like a piston suddenly shooting out. :roll: Looks like another job for "Warrentyman" :mecker: might try and talk them into a new set of pads at the same time :-k

Can't wait for that conversation :shock:

Vince has very kindly offered to have a look at the scratch on the boot lid for me 8-[ so I need to sort that out, otherwise great to see people and put names to faces on Saturday at Wetherby.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Another busy month, need to arrange the MOT for later this month before it runs out of warrenty (Just to be on the safe side). I've got a squeal on the brakes which needs checking out, I think it's a loose pad, as it only happens when you bear/turn left. turning right is fine......

Met up with a fellow C6'er yesterday in Southport, where we managed to stop traffic. :lol: That reminds me must post the convoy stuff on the C6 Owners forum, that really could be quite a sight. :shock: :shock: :shock:

A couple of guys wanting to talk about our car's came screaming into the car park to have a nosy. They were most impressed to see not one, but 2 C6's together. (Mine on the left :D ). It was given a good wash and wax yesterday morning, although I still need to get the boot lid scratch sorted out (need to ring someone about that) :wink:
Steve

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Wow, two C6s, a rare sight 8-)

Is the other one black or the same colour as yours?

There is a C6 owners forum? I didnt know that, might have to have a little look on there.

One day .... though I do feel when that day comes there wont be enough C6s to go around, as a lot of people seem to like them and say they will have one when prices drop even more. Though with possible demand like that they might not.

Fantastic looking Citroen 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Yeah It's Black, and also an exclusive

The website below, is full of information relating those that already have, and those that would like to own a C6.

www.C6owners.org
Steve

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Trainman wrote:Yeah It's Black, and also an exclusive
THE one to have! 8-)
Franklin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:The website below, is full of information relating those that already have, and those that would like to own a C6.

www.C6owners.org
That's a really nice little website and forum. Very stylish and clean. Just like the C6 really....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Yeah, ive had a quick look on there, seems a very good forum.

They obviously have a following, im surprised to see a C6 owners forum already. Mind, im always amased there isnt a Xantia forum too, though i guess this is more Xantia that others.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

There's also an amazing amount of technical information on there :)
Steve

KP

Post by KP »

Love the pics and the updates on the C6.

Early faults are worrying me a bit as it looks like in the next year or two i will have to get a newer vehicle but the C6 exclusive's are just coming into price range and the VED is still stupidly high for me :(
Think a V6 with LPG will be the only way to go but they are so super rare they make V6 xantia and activas look mass produced...

Do you often take cattle carriages into europe thru the chunnel at all or do you stay in the UK?
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

:lolsign: Will, Just like the C6, FIRST CLASS all the way \:D/

perks of the job :wink:
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Okay been a while since the last update, Took the car to the local steelers for MOT, "method in madness" :-** It's still covered by warrenty, so I thought take it there, anything wrong it can be fixed. O:)

Me and my big mouth :x The car passed \:D/ BUT they found a small leak on the NSF suspension leg, no problem, me thinks, covered under warrenty, not quite so......... If the car had done less than 36,000 miles, then yes, no problem, it's actually done nearly double that :? I spoke to the warrenty manager at my local steeler who was going on holiday for a week (back today) he suggested speaking to Citroen :-k which I did, they say that the leg is not covered, but they may do it as a 'good will gesture', however they need to be approached by the dealer.

Going to speak with the local warrenty man tomorrow and see what happens from there. [-o<
Steve

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Thats not good news, they awill be expensive i would think? Have you priced one yet?

I was talking to someone from the C6 forum the other day, seemed like a nice chap. Might of been the person who runs it actually. Hopefully in years to come ill be able to join myself :lol:
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:Thats not good news, they awill be expensive i would think? Have you priced one yet?
In a word NO, I'm not sure I want to know the price just yet :roll:
Citroenmad wrote: I was talking to someone from the C6 forum the other day, seemed like a nice chap. Might of been the person who runs it actually.
Ah C6Dave, not met him yet, but would like to....
Steve

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Ah, probably wise ..

Yes, possibly, i dont think i got his name. Im sure he said he set up the C4 and C6 forums. He came over to have a look at the traction at a classic car event i was at last weekend.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:Yes, possibly, i dont think i got his name. Im sure he said he set up the C4 and C6 forums. He came over to have a look at the traction at a classic car event i was at last weekend.
Yeah, That's the chap, he said he was at GFOS, I believe he was going to look at a Traction the other day, not sure how he went on though.
Steve