C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Nice to have praise for a dealer for a change. They can't ALL be all bad :?:
KP

Post by KP »

I know the feeling of built for comfort. The last rental i had from a dealer was a C2 VTR and it was rock hard, and it was on high profile steel wheels and not low profile alloys as well.
Rachels Swift isn't to bad considering how well it corners, but even the activa is good compared to the average car, including the works POD car as i call it, focus estate. but i do miss the ride i had in the older hatch's and the estate i had before the activa...

Fingers crossed for your dash computer fix!
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Well, what a week, what with the snow and the early starts, :shock: I'd forgotten there were two 3 O'Clocks in a day!!

Computer seems to be okay now, after the reset, not had any issues at all with that, apart from the RT3 not reading the NAVTEQ CD for the Satnav, but hey nothing new there :roll: :) :roll:

Found one thing thats 'bugging' me though, the daytime driving lights are only working at the front, so that would seem to be the challenge next week while I'm off for some R&R, SWMBO still working :D :D :D

The Snow and Ice driving has been an experience, however very pleased with that, only thing being a bit of a slide about due to the low profile tyres but nothing untoward [-o<

Only other thing, at the moment, is that some so-and-so has scratched the boot lid, looks like they put something on then dragged it off, :evil: :evil: hopefully I can T-Cut it out so another job for next week.
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Well, not much done due to the weather, and a family friend being taken into hospital, but did manage to have a look at the daytime driving light, which it seems are designed to work only on the front, strange but true, until I saw an Audi Q8 with the same feature today, I suppose I was expecting them to like the Volvo's where you have both front and rear......

Not got round to polishing the scratch out of the boot lid yet, hopefully Wednesday when I have a day off (subject to the weather).

Then I want to try and tackle updating the RT3, apparently this is quite easy to do, with the right discs, hoping that will solve that issue about not reading the discs....... :roll:

Managed to drop one of the keys the other day only to see bits flying in all directions, :oops: I managed to get it back together but I think something must be missing as the blade springs out but only half way so that is currently sat on the desk in the study whilst I look for another 3 button case.

Oh and another thing, Yes you can get the spoiler to raise if you press the wiper stalk within a minute of switching the engine off, did it the other day, and frighten the life out of SWMBO coz she was opening the boot at the time. :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
Steve

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

Trainman wrote:did manage to have a look at the daytime driving light, which it seems are designed to work only on the front, strange but true, until I saw an Audi Q8 with the same feature today, I suppose I was expecting them to like the Volvo's where you have both front and rear......
Isn't this an issue with the ECU being set to an incorrect country? Not sure where I heard that from...
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Thanks Kev, never thought of that :oops: I have to see who has a lexia near me and have a play :?
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

The Issue with the 'Daytime' driving lights is going to be a continuing bug bear, It seems that this is a design issue, and that they only every work on the front :shock: :wtf: Yet another Citroenisum?? Opened the bonnet yesterday to top up the water bottle and found that the cap had fallen off, down to the steelers and to order one, they don't stock them for a C6 .... What a surprise!!

Noticed that the side moulding had come loose, so had a quick shuffie at them this morning, clips broken so another ordering jobbie.... no doubt 8-[ I need 8 as it seems that they have come away on both the front doors. I've also got "Gavin from Autoglass" coming out on Wednesday to sort out a chip on the windscreen [-o< I have a sneaky suspision that it's actually going to need a new windscreen :roll: :roll: :roll:
Steve

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Trainman wrote:The Issue with the 'Daytime' driving lights is going to be a continuing bug bear, It seems that this is a design issue, and that they only every work on the front :shock: :wtf: Yet another Citroenisum??
I think the idea of that - spawned in Sweden when I lived there, was that it made you easier to spot for anyone about to pull out in front of you from a side road, which was kind of important there as for half the year there isn't much in the way of daylight, the roads are very long and straight, bordered by forest, which further reduces illumination on the road making dark and neutral coloured cars hard to see and driving long distances (essential) on those roads is somewhat soporific and can reduce your alertness substantially.

On the other hand, it is traffic pulling out from a side road that has the right of way - but you would still see at least one of the 'marker' lights as they were then on Volvos and Saabs, far more distinct than dipped headlights side on in twilight.

Anyone following doesn't, or shouldn't, need the same clues that you are there.

As for the washer bottle lid, I think they are still alive when fitted and soon make a bid for freedom. Rarely seen in captivity :)

And you have just reminded me that I should phone my insurers as I have a chip in my windscreen, been there for at least two years.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Glad to be of help :)
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Steve, I can understand the logic of what you said about swedish roads, but that doesn't then explain why Citroen then decided to put sidelight repeaters on the car. :? :?

Anyway got an idea to get some rear 'marker' lights using LED's like Citronel did with his C5 sidelights but need to investigate a bit further
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

I had to take 'The Old Fellow' to pick his C5 Estate up the other day, after a having the heater motor replaced. I was talking to the ex-Citroen mechanic about the driving lights and it would seem that they are only designed to work on the front, as Steve (MyGlaren) said, so deffo need to look at LED's. :roll: (Incidently, the mechanic has a BX 19 GTi that he is looking to restore :D ).

Windscreen was repaired, so that's one job less. We're off to York on Wednesday for the night, so need to get the front tyres replaced before then, don't fancy a drive over Pennines with the current rubber. :roll:

I've also had a thought about the mat situation, and need to measure the floor studs to see if I can get the C5 ones to fit, temporarily.....

Fitted a new cover for the water bottle, an exobitant £4.52, just need to pick the clips for the side skirt up on monday.
Steve

XantiaDaveEire

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Very nice Steve :D How do you find the suspension?would you say its similar to the c5 ?

Dave
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

To be honest Dave, no, it's softer, more like a CX, if memory serves me right, :?: it's been a long time since i've been in one. :cry:
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

Finally got round to sorting the tyres for the front, and got a good deal for a change, anyway now the weather is picking up \:D/ I want to get the boot lid sorted.

I've had to replace about 6 clips the hold the lower side skirt to the body (Bag of 20 clips £2.40 from my local stealer). Thought I might as well get the bag full then I've got the spares for next time. Got to say they were a pain to do due to the lack of space and the fact you have to twist them to get them to release. :roll:

I've also started to get a squealling from the brakes, when you go round a corner, so need to look at that this weekend, weather permitting :wink: before HRH decides the grass needs cutting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The next big job is to get the wheels refinished, there are more than a few scrapes on them. :roll: and they make the car look 'tatty'.

Looking forward to the rally season and finally hoping to get to meet a few of you :D :D :D First one should be the Northern, providing I can get the time off work :x :x :x
Steve

DHallworth
Donor 2023

Post by DHallworth »

Where did you get the tyres from Steve?

My C6 needs a set too.

Cheapeast I've found for the Michelins is £185 a tyre from mytyres.co.uk.

Did you stick to the 100 load rating?

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel