Forum Webhost Failure 10 December 2009

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

vince wrote:i would have to get in the car turn the key and keep driving :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I know what you mean Vince :wink:

I was tempted!

Just a quick note that ALL posts made here WILL be transferred when the forum moves to it's new home :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i seem to be getting a flood of faike banking emails in my spam (PHISHING),

is it possible its a result of whats going on with the FCF in the last few days,

also dose anyone know were is best to forward these onto to be delt with

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

citronut wrote:i seem to be getting a flood of faike banking emails in my spam (PHISHING),

is it possible its a result of whats going on with the FCF in the last few days,

also dose anyone know were is best to forward these onto to be delt with

regards malcolm
No, no link with FCF at all.
The best place to forward phishing emails onto is your trash can.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with FCF; both Jim and "Ellevie" have my email address and I've not received any spam.

More likely just seasonal! Or - have you been buying that cheap online "Pfizer Riser" again? :shock:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I haven't seen any and I would strongly doubt any FCF connection.

On your bank's login page there should be an address to which you can send attempted phishing messages.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, there is no connection Malcolm. The forum itself gets a lot of spam and I do see it every day. I note that over the course of a week, month, the volume of these annoying spams vary widely. Sometimes none at all and then at other times, a deluge of the bloody things.

Same with offers of pills none of us on here need, that's for sure :lol:

The forum mailing lists are kept safe, are not disclosed and cannot be accessed from the web.

As said, file all such spam in the bin. NEVER EVER reply to the damm stuff.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

How many here, would click on a "Buy cheap LHM" email, though? :?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good point Adam!

I'd be very wary if they advertised it as capable of doing amazing things to your manhood but quite believing if they pushed it as a hair conditioner.

I know that is true of LHM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok it just seemed to have started as/whilst the FCF was not behaving its self,

i never follow any links to these phishing oooooks, but i feel the more that are sent/forwarded to people who deal with tracking these down the better aint it, and so far non are banks i use anyhow

Jim wrote
"quite believing if they pushed it as a hair conditioner.

I know that is true of LHM"

dont know about that as i have a solar panle on me bonce, and have wollowed in the stuf for years

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I've been speaking to Webfusion this morning and they are busy providing us a new server and as promised, three free months and enhanced specification :D

It should be ready for configuration tomorrow and then the hard work of getting the forums to it begins...

I shall endeavour to get it done ASAP after allowing a day or so to ensure the new server is stable.
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I can't help but think of this old joke...
A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.

On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."

"What?" said the puzzled groom.

"How can that be if you've been married ten times?"

"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.
Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.
Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.
Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.
Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.
Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.
Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.
Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.
Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.
Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"

"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"

"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a good 'un Adam :lol:

I just hope we don't go through 10 webservers before we find a good un!

Just found out the new one has Windows 2008 Server on it :P :twisted:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I was more thinking that "laywer" in the joke, equated to webhost for the FCF "bride".

How would Web(con)Fusion react if you asked them anonymously about reliably hosting a forum for litigation lawyers? :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: How would Web(con)Fusion react if you asked them anonymously about reliably hosting a forum for litigation lawyers? :twisted:
I will think about doing that once the new webserver is up and running Adam, just in case they take umbrage and deny us service...

That joke you posted above caused mayhem today when someone read it over my shoulder at work. He did not quite get the line about husband No. 10 until I explained it and then he exploded in laughter :lol: Good on 'yer for brightening up a dull, gloomy, damp winter day in Pom-Land and cheering up someone who'd had a rough weekend :D
Jim

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

CitroJim wrote:Good point Adam!

I'd be very wary if they advertised it as capable of doing amazing things to your manhood but quite believing if they pushed it as a hair conditioner.

I know that is true of LHM :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know Jim, ive heard lhm is good for your sphere's........ba boom tss :roll:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............